Help-New Hound. Vomiting And Eating It

We just got Max 1 week ago and he has had some loose stools, which I'm not really worried about b/c he's new to us. Today, though, he has vomited twice an eaten it before I could get him to stop. Any ideas? He has had 2 small milkbone treats this morning, but he has had those before without a problem......

This often happens if a dog eats too fast which new dogs often do until they get used to a routine and being fed at regular times usually twice a day. If any of my new hounds or fosters do this, I just let them eat what they have throw up again as this is not true vomit and will not harm them.

Sue from England

The phrase "a dog returns to its vomit" is in the Bible I believe, so there's nothing new or uncommon about that phenomenon. [Proverbs 26:11 -- I'm a geek, so I Googled.]

Be aware that there's a difference between regurgitation (within an hour or so after eating, the food as it comes up is still recognizable) and true vomiting, which isn't tied to eating and produces looks like, well, vomit. The former isn't too serious, the latter might indicate a problem. Or on a very empty stomach, some dogs will throw up bile, but I doubt they'd want to eat that.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad