Peanut Butter Vs Peanuts

rschultz

many many years ago my boyfriend and i rescued a borzoi. nicki was a pisser, not only did she eat and unwrap all the chocolate our christmas tree ornaments but she used to stole and ate most of a 5lb bag of fresh roasted peanuts. they were on top of the mantel. we came home to neat piles of shells, she would lie on the floor and crack them open, eat them and spit out the shells! we blamed our roomate, until the day we found nicki on her real legs, standing tall taking the bag of peanuts down for a feast!

that dog was amazing, not only did she NOT get sick from all the chocolate she ate, the excessive amounts of peanuts, cleaning out the fridge(it was a model w/ a lever handle) but she survived distemper. when we found her, she was sick, undernourished and in critical condition. so, home she came, i reported the person who had her for sale chained in her garage and cancelled the check!

Loca used to steal and eat peanuts all the time, shells and all. She was always fine.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Peanuts are not related to other nuts. They are legumes, and more closely related to peas than to other nuts. Technically, peanuts are not nuts at all, so if a human is allergic to, say, pecans, he is less likely to be allergic to peanuts than to cashews.

As far as I know, if peanut butter is safe for dogs, whole peanuts are too. After all, peanut butter is nothing more than squished peanuts, with other additives.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest BlingDogs

I make peanut butter for myself and Dory. It's very simple. Just get plain peanuts and put them in a blender. After it gets pasty, add a little water/veggie oil. Voila! So much healthier than store-bought (if you're the natural kind of person) and it really only takes two minutes. I put the peanut butter in yogurt cups, freeze them for a little, and give them to Dory a few times each week (we're trying tot fatten her up).