Jump to content

Doug Outcome


Guest kar
 Share

Recommended Posts

Took doug to another vet today - they did xrays - no bone cancer but a possible/probable soft tissue mass. Have to bring him back in two weeks for her to look at him. Gave him pain meds and dermax but he can't take the dermax for three days. I'm not ready to have to put another dog down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hmmmm. a soft tissue type of something doesn't normally show well on films because it takes the dense tissue (like bone) to reflect the radiation to make them show up on the film. Most soft tissue absorbs the light. Would be very curious to see the films and will be waiting anxiously with you for the two weeks to be up!

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i did see the area on the xray. Also looking at him you can see a difference in the rear end - near where his legs join the back. One side is more prominent that the other. It is funny on the specialist could not pinpoint his pain area but she could. She is an excellent vet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

he is supposed to stay quiet. However he was so miserable I took him for a shot slow walk around the block yesterday and today. He is used to his walks and the couch. taking both away has made him miserable. I have not had to use pain meds but I keep looking at the side where she saw the possible growth. there is a definite difference. I can't wait for the two weeks to be over. She told me to come back sooner if need be - but wanted to really wait two weeks. he is the last hound I adopted and by far the most quiet and loving. he appreciates everything you do for him. I am devastated that there might be something serious wrong with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you contacted the Drs at Ohio State with the Greyhound Program? Someone can post the phone number here for you.

 

I would not want to wait the two weeks.

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No i have not she wants to wait the two weeks to see if the area changes. He does not seem to have any pain now since I dod not let him on the couch. I don't know if a needle biopsy will show anything. Has anyone had any experience with that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No i have not she wants to wait the two weeks to see if the area changes. He does not seem to have any pain now since I dod not let him on the couch. I don't know if a needle biopsy will show anything. Has anyone had any experience with that?

 

 

Sparks had a FNA a few weeks ago. It was beneign

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No i have not she wants to wait the two weeks to see if the area changes. He does not seem to have any pain now since I dod not let him on the couch. I don't know if a needle biopsy will show anything. Has anyone had any experience with that?

 

 

Sparks had a FNA a few weeks ago. It was beneign

 

did they have to put him out for that. How long before you found out after they did it? This two weeks before I go back is going to be horrible. And thats why I wondering if she decides to do it in two weeks - how much longer of a wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No i have not she wants to wait the two weeks to see if the area changes. He does not seem to have any pain now since I dod not let him on the couch. I don't know if a needle biopsy will show anything. Has anyone had any experience with that?

 

 

Sparks had a FNA a few weeks ago. It was beneign

 

did they have to put him out for that. How long before you found out after they did it? This two weeks before I go back is going to be horrible. And thats why I wondering if she decides to do it in two weeks - how much longer of a wait.

 

No, they didn't give him anything and I wish they would have. He was freaking out. But he was on his back and I'm sure that wasn't the most comfortable.

Results were supposed to be back in 24 hrs but it was another day. They did check the slide before I left the appt and they were pretty sure it was noithing. I pd extra ($146) to have a pathologist look at it to be 100% sure.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No i have not she wants to wait the two weeks to see if the area changes. He does not seem to have any pain now since I dod not let him on the couch. I don't know if a needle biopsy will show anything. Has anyone had any experience with that?

 

 

Sparks had a FNA a few weeks ago. It was beneign

 

did they have to put him out for that. How long before you found out after they did it? This two weeks before I go back is going to be horrible. And thats why I wondering if she decides to do it in two weeks - how much longer of a wait.

 

No, they didn't give him anything and I wish they would have. He was freaking out. But he was on his back and I'm sure that wasn't the most comfortable.

Results were supposed to be back in 24 hrs but it was another day. They did check the slide before I left the appt and they were pretty sure it was noithing. I pd extra ($146) to have a pathologist look at it to be 100% sure.

 

So what did they do for it? And where was it if you don't mind me asking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No i have not she wants to wait the two weeks to see if the area changes. He does not seem to have any pain now since I dod not let him on the couch. I don't know if a needle biopsy will show anything. Has anyone had any experience with that?

 

 

Sparks had a FNA a few weeks ago. It was beneign

 

did they have to put him out for that. How long before you found out after they did it? This two weeks before I go back is going to be horrible. And thats why I wondering if she decides to do it in two weeks - how much longer of a wait.

 

No, they didn't give him anything and I wish they would have. He was freaking out. But he was on his back and I'm sure that wasn't the most comfortable.

Results were supposed to be back in 24 hrs but it was another day. They did check the slide before I left the appt and they were pretty sure it was noithing. I pd extra ($146) to have a pathologist look at it to be 100% sure.

 

So what did they do for it? And where was it if you don't mind me asking?

 

The back xray showed a mss so I did an ultrasound for $454 and the FNA. It was his spleen. Turns out his has a huge spleen but it's healthy, he's healthy.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm happy for you. Dougs is on his side where the leg meets the hip. I called vet today but she still wants to wait until not this saturday but next saturday - unless is is doing much worse. don't know how i'll wait that long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Kar,

don't mean to sound terse, but who cares what your vet says? Send your xrays to OSU Dr Cuoto and have him take a look. He is THE expert when it comes to these things, plain and simple. Doesn't cost anything for him to look, and you will have peace of mind, especially if you have this much anxiety. Your vet wont refuse to see your hound if you choose to get a second opinoin, and if she does, then you don't really want her as a vet in the first place. Good luck.

 

Chad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kar,

don't mean to sound terse, but who cares what your vet says? Send your xrays to OSU Dr Cuoto and have him take a look. He is THE expert when it comes to these things, plain and simple. Doesn't cost anything for him to look, and you will have peace of mind, especially if you have this much anxiety. Your vet wont refuse to see your hound if you choose to get a second opinoin, and if she does, then you don't really want her as a vet in the first place. Good luck.

 

Chad

...........and if it's "nothing", it's going to "nothing" in two weeks. If it's "something", it's going to be "something" in two weeks. Don't understand the reasoning behind the wait especially with a dog that's in pain and an owner that is extremely anxious, unless it's a monetary concern.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a call into my vet. Doug is much worse tonight. Crying when going down stairs and bitting the area where she thinks she sees something. Hope she calls me back fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...