Please Send Good Thoughts For Fixer

Guest K9Cookies

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping to get a little sleep tonight after this update. I'll be sleeping on the couch downstairs with Fixer. We got the antibiotics and anti-inflammatory meds in him for the night, so I hope things will begin getting better.

I suppose Fixer and Uri could have gotten into it. It's possible something got them all worked up and maybe they went at it. Gracey, who is the serious trouble-maker of the family, still had her muzzle on perfectly, so she's probably in the clear. The whole thing with Fixer just seems really odd. And the other 3 are completely fine. :blink:

Anyway, I'm most worried about the swelling, which has extended down into that leg. I will keep a close eye on it and call the vet right away in the morning if it hasn't improved. I'll update all of you in the morning.

Thanks again. :blush

I hope Fixer is doing better today. Bless his heart, that picture made me say owie out loud.

Yeah they could've gotten into a tiff over who's gonna get the kitty. In the meantime the kitty is back over the fence & looking back to see what he started. Then when the tiff is over, everyone is apologizing for what was said & done. Not important now.

I just want Fixer to be okay. You're a good mommy for sleeping on the couch. :beatheart

Guest longdoglady

Anna had a similar swelling last week after a dog bit her on our walk, it was a hematoma (bleeding under the skin) and it got quite big. Her skin was purple and over the week the bruising and swelling diffused downwards. She had antibiotics and painkillers and is fine now but if it is air under Fixer's skin then the spreading is a concern and should be seen by your vet.

I hope he is feeling better and the swelling is going down. x

Guest K9Cookies

Hey everyone. We had a pretty restless night. :( Fixer had a lot of bleeding from what I thought was an IV site on his leg. All of that swelling put pressure on his leg, which made this spot ooze a lot of blood overnight. We couldn't get the bleeding under control, so I took him to the vet again this morning. Come to find out, he didn't have an IV...that spot is a tiny puncture wound.

Fixer now has a big compression bandage around the whole front left leg. There's another spot oozing underneath his chest too. He's in much better shape today though, so it's just a matter of time before things get better. :blush

Thank goodness it's the weekend and we can be home all day today and tomorrow. We'll keep you updated.

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. :D

aaaawwwww...poor Fixer...hope you are feeling better soon

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Ouch! Poor Fixer! Hope he feels much better today! Sending prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest K9Cookies

Update Sunday morning-

Our big guy is doing much better! :yay The bleeding totally stopped yesterday evening, thank goodness. The swelling seems to be better too. He acts much more comfortable now...pawing for pets, excited to eat and pushy to do the things HE wants to do. :rolleyes:

The big compression bandage on his leg will come off tomorrow morning. He'll get checked out again by the vet. I'm sure they will be very pleased with his progress! :yay

Well, that's good news! But the poor guy, so many owies. Wonder what went on.....

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

OMG Kristin, just read this whole thread from top to bottom. Poor Fixer! :kiss2

Wonder what in the heck happened?!

Glad he is improving, though!!

Keep healing up, handsome boy!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest K9Cookies

Fixer got the compression bandage off of his leg yesterday morning. The vet was pretty pleased with how he's doing. That leg is really swollen, but I know it will take time to heal. They opened up a spot that was stitched up on his chest to let it drain. He bled a lot yesterday, but a T-shirt prevented a huge mess, thank goodness.

I wish we could figure out what happened! :blink: