Urinary Infection?

Guest mattbta

Guest mattbta

My girl grey (6) woke us up at 3AM to go out to potty which is strange as the pack waits until around 6AM. Later she had an accident while we were at work, right by the back door which is also a first. Am I right in thinking she has a urinary or bladder infection? If so, I'll try to get her to the vet tomorrow.

Cheers,

-Matt

She may just be drinking more water and needs to go more or it could be a urinary tract infection. It wouldn't hurt to have her seen just to rule it out.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest TeddysMom

All my dogs are drinking a lot more water since the weather turned cold and dry. Hopefully it is just something like that and not a UTI. I would take a urine sample in and have it checked though.

Guest mattbta

Hadn't thought about that. I know they drink a lot after zoomies, but the accident was during the day. Of course, my luck, this morning a smoke detector was giving me that 'dead battery chirp' at 4AM so I got up to fix that and they went out. If she has an accident today, I'll definitely be taking her.

Thanks for the replies!

you don't have to take her in for this. You can likely just catch a pee sample and take that in to be tested. A 'first of the morning' pee is the best and for girls you have to get just a wee bit creative. My method is to take a foil pie pan and stick it under the butt when she pees. If she freaks out that is OK, you don't have to catch a large amount, just enough to put a test strip into. You can even save it in the fridge until you have time to take it to the vet. At my vets office a tech will come out and do the test right in the lobby and that will save me even the cost of an office visit.