Zigane Went Back To The Vet

Guest Diablo

Zigane went back to the vet for a check up after removing her hemangiosarcoma, her wound healed well. :)

The vet did a myelogram to check her spine, cause walks kinda funny the last few weeks. The vet took X-rays before she was operated for the tumor and saw something, but wanted to be sure. result she has herniated discs on her T6 and T7. :(

She also has a bacterial skin infection due to the lack of resistance.

While she was under, she had an epileptic seizure and an other one after she was awake again :(

He also checked her lungs and spleen, he found no evidence of mets :thumbs-up:yay

Ziggy when she first got home after her operation

ziggynaop.jpg

Ziggy a few days later

Ziggynaop2.jpg

Ziggy today

Ziggy.jpg

I'm going to sue the heardresser, my poor girl is going to be cold this winter with all her bald spots

Ziggy3.jpg

Edited by Diablo

Awwwww... your poor lil' baby girl. :cry1 She's been through SO much. :( Holding her in my prayers and thoughts for comfortable days and loads of loving to help her feel strong again. :hope:kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest KennelMom

Awwwww....she's adorable!!! A gentle kiss for her healing process :kiss2

Do her ears stick up all the time? They look like our boy Prajna's who never lays his ears back. I've only ever seen two other greyhounds with earsies like that!

Guest avadogner

Bless your sweet baby's! I will keep you and her in my prayers. I'm sorry about her herniated discs. I have one in my back and it hurts like heck! I'm glad she was clear for mets. Cancer is so devestating to all it effects. Just tell Zigane that her shaved spots are the lastest in grey fashion and only the coolest houndies get to have those styles. :bighug:dogcookie Here's a hug for you and cookie for her!

-ava and augie's mum

Awwwww....she's adorable!!! A gentle kiss for her healing process :kiss2

Do her ears stick up all the time? They look like our boy Prajna's who never lays his ears back. I've only ever seen two other greyhounds with earsies like that!

yeah her ears stick up all the time, though I can play with them and they do whatever I want, it's like playing with Play-Doh, if I lay one ear back it's stays like that, if I lay both ears back they stay a while like that.

I love her stick up ears, she's so cute like that :rolleyes:

Did Ziggy's vet use ketamine?

My Sam, who's never had seizures at any other time, had seizures with ketamine during a dental. (The vet's phone call started out, "Sam's okay now, but...")

Sam now wears an engraved metal tag that says "WARNING: NO KETAMINE." His vet has successfully used alternatives to ketamine for more recent dentals, but wanted me to know so I could make sure Sam wasn't given ketamine at another vet's in an emergency.

I'd ask your vet if ketamine could be the culprit in Ziggy's seizures--or if the vet has any other idea what might have triggered the seizures. It'd be a good idea for you to know the possible culprits if Ziggy ever has an emergency away from that vet.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

She's so cute! Looks like a real sweetheart. In regards to the seizure please remember never to use Acepromazine as it lowers the seizure threshold-- I too might suggest to stay clear of ketamine--she would be a better canidate for propofol in the future.

Did Ziggy's vet use ketamine?

My Sam, who's never had seizures at any other time, had seizures with ketamine during a dental. (The vet's phone call started out, "Sam's okay now, but...")

Sam now wears an engraved metal tag that says "WARNING: NO KETAMINE." His vet has successfully used alternatives to ketamine for more recent dentals, but wanted me to know so I could make sure Sam wasn't given ketamine at another vet's in an emergency.

I'd ask your vet if ketamine could be the culprit in Ziggy's seizures--or if the vet has any other idea what might have triggered the seizures. It'd be a good idea for you to know the possible culprits if Ziggy ever has an emergency away from that vet.

The vet didn't use ketamine. He told me it's a known side effect from injecting the contrast fluid at the top of her spine (near her head). There is a presure build up and part of the fluid also runs to her brain, which causes the seizure. She could have more seizures but they should stop in a few days, I keep my fingers crossed.

My vet was clever enough, not to tell me this when I called him on my lunch break, otherwise I would have been in :cry1 and at his door in no time. He knows I'm a big cry baby when it's about my babies, so he only told me when I came to pick her up.

She also lost about 5kg (+/- 10lbs I think) since her operation. Hope she gets better soon.

Thanks for all the support!

I am very happy for you that Zigane came through okay! I hope the healing process is quick and she looks beautiful!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.