We Have Fleas!

RobinM

Vacuum, treat everyone at one time with whatever is your favorite - Advantage II is working well for us this year. Vacuum every day - including dog and cat beds or anywhere they like to hang out. Wash dog and cat beds weekly. Vacuum daily. Treat the yard with something. I have tried everything non-toxic except beneficial nematodes. May try those next. Vacuum daily including dog and cat beds. Buy flea combs (there are many but only a few are really effective due to the diameter of the teeth and spacing). Vacuum. Oh, and vacuuming daily will help. And yes, I have been following this regimen since April 1st. It's not perfect, but compared to the horror stories going around earlier this year in our area, we are comparatively flea free.

Good luck! With persistence you will hit on a combination that works for you.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'd capstar them all,and preferably get comfortis in place of frontline. If you are bathing dogs, avoid the topical flea meds...they disperse using the the natural oils in the dog's skin, which is stripped away in the bathing process. Basically, baths make them less effective.

We were getting fleas down here with Front line the vet said it was no longer good in Florida. We got Comfortis and we have not had a problem, it is a bit more money but worth every dime, as Pongo is allergic to fleas.... It maybe the same there front line is not strong enough.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter