Hi From Belgium

Guest Diablo

Hi,

I'm Isa and I'm owned by my pack of five.

I've always had sighthounds in my house, it all started with Diablo, a Bouvier - Afghan Hound mix, then 2 Afghan Hounds and in 2005 I've adopted my first Galgo (Spanish Greyhound) from Spain. Xolotl, a beautifull fawn bitch, she will turn 13 in januari. She was so traumatised that the first 3 months I couldn't approche her. With my Afghan Hound Yarken, it all went great, but as soon as I came around, she'd curl up in a ball in the corner of my living room.

I got kinda frustrated cause I couldn't touch her. The shelter discribed her as a real alpha and she was, but when I was near she was a trembling fur ball :(

A friend talked me in adopting a greyhound who was very social; she came from the race track in the Netherlands, her racing name was Supersonic Lilly, I changed it to Zigane, she will turn 11 in januari. The first day she arrived, Xolotl started to come around. But it still took Xolotl 2 yrs before she came to be stroked. But Zigane and Xolotl where partners in crime since day 1 :rolleyes:

in 2006 Enya RIP came to me, she had to be rehomed for allergies.

In 2008 I adopted Sabrosa, racing name Sabrosona and Snow Sport. She started her carrier in Ireland, but after not being good enough, she was shipped to Spain. She ran a total of 87 races and in May 2002 after her last race she was dumped in a shelter, where the poor thing stayed for the following 5 years, in 2007 she came to a foster home in Belgium. They had almost given up on her cause she is incontinent. I adopted her at the tender age of 10 in april 2008.

In 2009 I bought myself the best B-day gift ever, and adopted Mikie, he is such a gentle giant. he is 6yrs old and very timid. Last july I adopted Oreja 3yrs a Podenco mix from Lanzarote, she is a bouncy little girl around me but afraid of strangers.

In 2008 some friends and me founded an org Sighthounds2save to help all sighthounds. We have been working with KGC Ireland in finding homes for there Greyhounds on the main land. We have succesfully homed dogs in Belgium, The Netherlands and France. We also work with shelters in Tenerife and Lanzarote to place Podencos.

Besides my dogs and the org, I have a full time job and I m a foster home for the org. I am a bit nuts and I love to laugh :rolleyes:

Isa

here you can see my doggies Dogs at home

and here my doggies who are no longer with me RIP

Hi and welcome from the Netherlands! :wave

I think I've met you before.. On the Run for Fun (Beringen), about 2 years ago? You may know me from my Dutch sighthound forum.

Your Zigane is also related to my Spriet.

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.sighthoundgoodies.com

anne_sas3gt_bbuveb.jpg

Hi and welcome from the Netherlands! :wave

I think I've met you before.. On the Run for Fun (Beringen), about 2 years ago? You may know me from my Dutch sighthound forum.

Your Zigane is also related to my Spriet.

Hi there neighbour!!!

Yes I remember the run for fun, was a great day !

Welcome! Your pack is beautiful.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Welcome from NY, Your hounds are beautiful.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome here!

I'm so happy to meet new people with the same greyt addiction.

I've been going thru some topics and saw some amazing pix and read some greyt stories.

Hope to have lots of fun here!

Isa

Hello from Texas :wave

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

• 2 months later...