Haley 6/27/1997 - 11/9/2011

Guest KennelMom

Heather, I'm so very sorry that you've lost Haley. There truly is something very special about a first hound.

Run free, Haley.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember your beautiful tribute in the original post like it was yesterday. It's hard to believe that it's been a year, but maybe, knowing what you've told us about her, it's not that hard to believe after all. You loved each other so much that she wanted to stay with you for as long as she could. Even knowing in your heart that this sad day would come, doesn't ease the pain of her loss, or prepare you for that overwhelming emptiness. You've had so much heartbreak in such a short time.

Please know that you are in many prayers, as we share your sadness.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Haley.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest KennelMom

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. We have an amazing community here and all of your support is a comfort :bighug

Heather, it's hard to believe you are going through this again already. I honestly don't know how you are bearing it. It's been over 10 months since I lost Neyla and still on my way home today I found myself crying. I found myself wondering how much of it was that she was my first dog, and also my heart dog and how much of it is just how I grieve. It all weighs heavy on my mind right now as I am about to adopt my first new dog since I let Neyla go and I've really struggled with it, quite surprisingly.

All of this to say that I understand how heavy the loss of your first greyhound weighs on you and I can only imagine the weight of it on top of losing Prajna and Stella so recently. I really don't know how you bear it, but if I could do something to help I would. :grouphug

I'm very sorry for your loss.

I think the only thing that has kept me sane through all of this is the foundation in my faith (buddhism) and the meditations and studying I've done about attachment and suffering, plus my personal beliefs in karma and reincarnation. It also helps that Ken is also buddhist so we can explore these topics together. There have been times when I would have collapsed in a pile on the floor were it not for Ken holding me up, and vice versa. Yesterday for the first time, I had a glimpse of insight into the people who I've heard say they couldn't be present when their pet went to the Bridge. The very thought of making that drive and being in that room was so overwhelming I nearly had a panic attack. At one point yesterday I actually told Ken that I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it. But in the end, Haley deserved more...and I was able to be there for her in her final moments in this life.

I still cry for those we lost years ago...whether we knew them for days, like the puppies, or years, like Grandpa. I miss them all so much...the day that ever stops or the day saying goodbye ever gets easier is the day I can no longer have pets. They deserve people who love them like we do :grouphug I keep telling myself that it's hard because it's supposed to be hard.

Heather I am so sorry,

Run free Haley

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I'm so sorry for your loss. For all your recent losses.sad.gif She was a beautiful girl & so lucky to have had such a wonderful home. Godspeed Haley! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest K9Cookies

Oh my, Heather. :cry1 I don't know how you've managed to get through the past 2 months. I'm glad you have Ken, the baby and the rest of the hounds to keep you sane. I've been thinking about you guys, and will continue to do so. I'm so sorry that Haley is gone. :grouphug

I'm so very, very sorry !!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 you both have been through so many losses lately, my heart just is breaking for you both :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so very sorry for the loss of your gorgeous Haley.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest vahoundlover

Ken is right, losing your first is like no other. You two have suffered a lot in such a short period of time. My heart goes out to both of you. Haley made quite an impact on your life, one that has brought you much love and happiness.

Godspeed Sweetheart :f_pink