Side Effects Of K9 Advantix -Urgent

I applied some K9 Advantix to Milky Way this evening. Since the application I've been noticing some odd behaviors, restlessness, and now he is acting like his back left leg isn't working. I did a quick search to see if this is a side effect and I came up with tons of people reporting similar symptoms. How can I get this stuff off him??? If the behavior continues I'm calling the E-vets.

* I've used this product in the past without issue. This was a new batch.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Bath? Maybe with mild dish soap? I have no idea or any solid advice but I wish you the best. Scary!

Edited by gracegirl

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

DH was searching the net on the other computer while I was typing my post , he found the dawn suggestion too. I just got back in from rinsing him off outside with dawn soap and water. He was an angel for the hose, he knew something was up as mommy was panicking and we were outside at 12:30am in the dark getting a bath. The reaction was with the leg that he scratched his back where the meds were at.

He was standing just fine for the bath and had no issues putting weight on his leg. I'll be keeping an eye on him all night and we will be calling our vet first thing in the AM. If anything changes or he gets worse we are off to the E-vet, I've already got their number programmed in my phone.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

The dawn sounds like a good idea. I know three of mine (All at different times) all got back leg twitches ro sporadic spasms, i found it depended where the frontline/advatix was applied.

Good Luck! Definatly keep the packaging just in case of worst scenario!

Edited by snakes

I hope he's OK today--FYI, for anyone with cats in the house--my vet won't prescribe Advantix because the stuff is basically toxic to cats and since my cat is constantly touching George and his bed, she feels the risk is too high.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Our John E had adverse reactions to Advantix. At the time, our vet said that he was the only one. The adoption group director told me; anything that isn't safe for cats, should not be safe for greyhounds. As time went by, I found out from websites and other postings, there are many dogs who have been re-active to Advantix.

I hope your dog is feeling better today.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear about the bad reaction!!

When I worked at the vet in Florida, the Bayer Rep (Advantix) came to do a presentation on the stuff. I told her I had heard it wasn't safe for Greyhounds, and her remark made me leave the room! .... "Well, it is tested on greyhounds!" ....

I had also heard from the head of the adoption group in Florida, that it wasn't recommended for greyhounds.

I really don't like any of the "spot ons", BUT, that being said, Advantage and Frontline are basically tried and true, so if I did use "spot ons", I'd use these.

Hope your baby feels better ... SOON!!