My Conner

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

It has been so long since I have had to post in the forum as Conner has not had an episode in maybe 1.5 years or so. Yesterday morning I came home from being out 20 minutes and I had horrible puddig splattered diarehha all over the living room, dining room and kitchen. Lucily I was going to work (I work in a vet clinic) and was able to take him to work after scrubbing floors for 25 mins. :angryfire (I know he cant help it)I was just frustrated because I was running late already. He filled his kennel 2x yesterday at the clinic, and has not gone to the bathroom since about 1230 yesterday except for pee.

So now he is on metronidazole and progut oral paste. I am not sureif that is helping or he is constipated now. We did xrays and he did have a full tummy. You would think he would have pooped by now...

Guest Stripeyfan

Oh no, I really feel for you, having an IBD dog myself. :( Have you had to fast Connor? When Kelly has a bad flare up we have to fast him, then feed small amounts, and this combined with the fact he's emptied himself out means it can take almost 3 days for any poop to appear.

Hugs to you and your boy, I hope he makes a quick recovery. We'll start up a 'firm poo' chant for him!

Edited by Stripeyfan

Adding my best wishes for you and Conner. (I've never heard of progut oral paste; what is it?) And IBD Spencer says, "Roo!"

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Oh man, one of my biggest fears with Beau. I don't know what you are up to with meds for Connor but when this does happen with Beau- we immediately go to pred and go from there,

Sending loads of prayers for Connor.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest koolaidnconner

I guess I spoke to fast this morning. He ended up having tons more diareahha today. He still seems quite happy...I am hoping we can get this under control ASAP as every time we have had one it's been months and months of meds.

Progut oral paste apparently lines the stomach so the tummy does not get irritated.

Hoping your boy is much better this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How is Cutie Pie Conner doing today? Better, I hope???

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest koolaidnconner

Conner I thought was getting better yesterday and today he is having diaherra all over and vomiting. He is going back to the clinic tomorrow... :weep

Just getting back to GT, as I'm traveling. (Almost home.) And I'm really glad to see this good update on Conner! Thanks!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).