Runny Nose?

Guest AlaniJoi

Guest AlaniJoi

ByeRun has a runny nose quite often? At first I thought it was nerves but he's been home for about 4 week and he's still drippy... Is that normal?

Yes. Most greyhounds have very drippy noses if they are stressed, excited you name it.:lol They make the most beautiful snart pictures (snot art) on windows, especially car windows.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest AlaniJoi

Yes. Most greyhounds have very drippy noses if they are stressed, excited you name it.:lol They make the most beautiful snart pictures (snot art) on windows, especially car windows.

It's funny you should mention the snart-work! I wash my car every Saturday after work and on Sundays I pack ByeRun up and take him to the greyhound park and both of my back windows are ALWAYS covered in snart-work! LoL!

As long as it's clear, thin liquid (like water), I agree that it sounds greyhound-normal. If you look closely at the pictures on this board, you'll see little drops of snot at the edges of a lot of regal-looking noses.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest AlaniJoi

As long as it's clear, thin liquid (like water), I agree that it sounds greyhound-normal. If you look closely at the pictures on this board, you'll see little drops of snot at the edges of a lot of regal-looking noses.

Oh yeah, the snot looks just like water! I think if you look closely at the pic in my signature you can kinda tell that his nose is moist! :lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rogersmom

Glad to hear this is normal. I thought Roger's running nose was due to his allergies. He can sneeze snoot all over the place but

it is like water. (Still it is boogers).

Guest Stripeyfan

The more excited Kelly is, the more his nose drips! And of course all our nose-level windows are now beautifully decorated... Like others have said, if the discharge is clear and your boy seems otherwise ok, no need to worry.

• 6 months later...
Guest avadogner

Our Ava tends to have runny nose when excited or nervous. Augie (has been in home 8 months and super happy) does this when he is super happy getting cuddles and love. He works his way up the bed to lay in my arm and puts his paws across my chest. He is in hog heaven and will stay thete for an hour but drips the waterlike nasal dripnall over our linens. I never cease to be surprised how different he and Ava are. I know it's Grey thing but just surprised at the opposite stimulus for it.

ava & augie's mum

Guest Ashleigh

Hank's nose drips like a leaky faucet! On car rides, he'll have his head out of the window and snot will have dripped all down the side of my vehicle! He also "bingo daubers" everything in the house. It's as if he's signing his name on everything he sees, including my forehead while I sleep! :blink:

Guest Timo

This is good to hear. I thought it was allergies. Timo's nose drips all the time. And yes, snot art everywhere, including on me! He lays his head on my lap and drips all down my legs....