Favorite Dog Snack/treat?

My Bella goes crazy over Salmon Skin Bones from Snack21:

http://snack21treats.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=69

I've just ordered her a case of them from the local Global pet food store. They are $1.69 each, with a case it's only $1.22. :clap

What is your greys favorite dog snack?

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Nike will eat anything.. lately his favourite has been stolen broccoli from the kitchen counter - and he growled when I tried to take it away. Who knew broccoli was such a high value item?

Nike will eat anything.. lately his favourite has been stolen broccoli from the kitchen counter - and he growled when I tried to take it away. Who knew broccoli was such a high value item?

If broccoli is a doggie treat then I'm in trouble...I eat broccoli all the time! :eek:lol

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Beth likes anything, but I only buy grain-free treats for her... she never seems to get tired of Merrick Beef Training Treats, which are like "popcorn" made out of dried beef lung. They also can be kept in your coat pocket without stinking it up!

Rattling the bag of them in the kitchen is one of the guaranteed ways I can get her up off of the bed. ;)

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest Energy11

Beth likes anything, but I only buy grain-free treats for her... she never seems to get tired of Merrick Beef Training Treats, which are like "popcorn" made out of dried beef lung. They also can be kept in your coat pocket without stinking it up!

Your Beth might LOVE the Sam's Yam's products, if you only feed grain-free. Mine LOVE all of their products! I also like the Sam's Yams Veggie Rawhide for their teeth!

Love to your little girl! :-))

Your Beth might LOVE the Sam's Yam's products, if you only feed grain-free. Mine LOVE all of their products! I also like the Sam's Yams Veggie Rawhide for their teeth!

Love to your little girl! :-))

Thanks ... I gave her some kind of dried sweet potato treats but they produced very loose poop, so most of the expensive bag is still in the cupboard (probably rock-hard by now!).

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest krystolla

Hack's favorite are beef tendons from Nothing Added. He loves them so much he's scammed my husband into giving him one every night before bed (at least when Mom isn't home).

I'd like to give those salmon skin bones a try for the feline contingent in the house. It's really hard to find cat treats that aren't highly processed chunks of multisyllabic chemical goo -- unless they are just stealing off my plate anyway.

I have read good things about Sam's Yams on this site and remembered to purchase a bag recently, giving all three girls one last night for the very first time. At 3:30 this afternoon, Anna hacked up about 1/2 of one in what looked like perfectly "preserved" chunks. DH just returned with all three from their afternoon walk and reported that both Anna and Suze has undigested "chunks" of sweet potato in their poop. Will have to wait until this evening to see if there's any evidence from Fuzz.

I'm not attempting to hijack this thread or trash Sam's Yams. This is the first time I have experienced this with any of my hounds. They all eat the pattern off their bowls every day and never turn up their noses at anything and gobbled up the yams with delight!

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

To answer the question, I make organic pumpkin treats given 5 days a week and the other two days my crew gets Hartz Crunch 'n Clean Chew Bonz (medium) which is great for keeping their teeth clean.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

plain old cheapo hot dogs make good treats. You can cut them up into bite size pieces and feed fresh. You can also cut them into strips and nuke them so they are chewy.

Guest Energy11

plain old cheapo hot dogs make good treats. You can cut them up into bite size pieces and feed fresh. You can also cut them into strips and nuke them so they are chewy.

Never thought of that! I might try doing that with chicken or turkey hotdogs! :-)

I have read good things about Sam's Yams on this site and remembered to purchase a bag recently, giving all three girls one last night for the very first time. At 3:30 this afternoon, Anna hacked up about 1/2 of one in what looked like perfectly "preserved" chunks. DH just returned with all three from their afternoon walk and reported that both Anna and Suze has undigested "chunks" of sweet potato in their poop. Will have to wait until this evening to see if there's any evidence from Fuzz.

I'm not attempting to hijack this thread or trash Sam's Yams. This is the first time I have experienced this with any of my hounds. They all eat the pattern off their bowls every day and never turn up their noses at anything and gobbled up the yams with delight!

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

To answer the question, I make organic pumpkin treats given 5 days a week and the other two days my crew gets Hartz Crunch 'n Clean Chew Bonz (medium) which is great for keeping their teeth clean.

I have never had a problem with any of the Sam's Yams products, and I feed everyday in the morning, BUT, as we humans, our hounds are all different. What is good for some, isn't good for others.

I think, finding the right treat is a matter of trial and error, sometimes. ...p.s. SOMETIMES, there are pieces of "yams" in their poops, but not always. I think it is a matter of how fast they eat them, and if the chew.

Smokey LOVES Sams Yams and the 'cookies' they carry. And the others get chicken strips from Kona' Chips (www.konachips.com). Smokey cannot have the chicken or beef but the others love these dried pieces and they are Made in America from chicken and cows raised in America. As an everyday snack that is less expensive Smokey gets Wellness Fish & Sweet Potato treat and the others get IAMs small treats.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest Energy11

My boys love slices of Natural Balance Duck & Potato rolls (look like summer sausage).

By the time I get 2 slices off the roll, the floor is wet with drool. :P

The Natural Balance rolls are EXCELLENT products! We used to get them all the time for "fussy" Cari! :colgate

Guest robandtammy

Dehydrated duck feet and lung or some Old Mother Hubbard P-Nuttier mini-bones are all in Brook's treat favourites list. The duck feet look yucky, but they keep her occupied for a while. If we even need her in her crate and she resists (not often), they are the perfect bribe.

Well. I'll probably be stoned for saying it, but the all time favorite treat here is the .99 Hollywood liver treats from Wal-Mart. Every one of them would stand on their head for them.

Second place would be Waggin Train chicken stix which are rawhide wrapped with chicken jerky, followed by Waggin Train Chicken jerky which currently seems to be unavailable in the $9.99 bag. :(

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Lila LOVES the Sam's Yams sweet potato chews! Spins and dances for them like crazy! She seems to chew them very well as I never see any chunks in the output, just a nice orange colour. :blush

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Or you can nuke them a little longer and they will get crisp and pretty dry. My dogs will do anything for them.

Guest Nuthatch

Cucumber or Iceberg lettuce – goes mad for it! What makes it worse is she is a bit of a fatty. At the weekend one of the woman at the kennels said she should have yellow and black stripes painted on her backside as a wide load was coming through!

My Faolin loves nuts, especially almonds. But Hogan's Tuna Tooters are also a big fave (reinforcements on the way!) & a new brand for us, Northern Biscuit is a winner as well.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

The easier question would be "what snacks DON'T they like"! I recently found a great recipe on the Epi dog site and have modified it to suit our needs. Every dog and cat that have tried them so far have loved them! And I feel good that they are getting a healthy snack.

1 cup pumpkin

3 eggs and crushed shells

1 cup meat ( I use chopped fried beef liver)

2 + cups old fashioned oats

Press into a pan and bake at 325 for about 15 minutes. They cut easier if you score them before baking.

They freeze well too :rolleyes:

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart