Tramadol And Panacur

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

Lola started having hind end weakness yesterday (weekend of course) and now she's straining to poo (looks like). She also scooted her little booty on the ground. I started her on Tramadol last night and would like to add Panacur to see if that would help with the scooting (worms perhaps?) E-vet is not an option. I have already missed 3 months+ of work this year and can't even get her in a car if I was to take her to the regular vet tomorrow and try to take off work. Thanks for your help.

If she's having trouble pooping it could just be because of her back end weakness. It's hard to squat if the back legs are weak. If that's the case, she's probably scooting because she isn't able to empty her anal sacks while pooping and she's trying to do it manually. Of course, that's just my guess. If you're worried about worms, can you just drop off a fecal sample at the vets before work tomorrow? They usually have a drop box.

I would not just jump to giving her Panacur myself. Tramadol for pain, sure, but straining to poo and scooting sounds more like impacted anal glands to me--not worms.

Can you gently press around her rectum and see if you feel any sort of swelling or lumps??

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest hlpnhounds

If she's having trouble pooping it could just be because of her back end weakness. It's hard to squat if the back legs are weak. If that's the case, she's probably scooting because she isn't able to empty her anal sacks while pooping and she's trying to do it manually. Of course, that's just my guess. If you're worried about worms, can you just drop off a fecal sample at the vets before work tomorrow? They usually have a drop box.

A drop box for fecals ? Many have a locked box that is hung on the outside of the door after closing but that is normally for samples to be picked up by various labs. I've never known vet's offices to have drop boxes for fecal samples.......As a vet tech, I shudder to think of what types of surprises we might have waiting for us in that drop box in the morning.......