New Totw Flavor - Roasted Lamb

Just an FYI on this- The owner of the store where I buy TOTW advised that the lamb is a lower calorie food than the other kinds of TOTW. I haven't researched it, but it may matter to some with specific nutition requirements.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Another FYI:

I had to stop giving my Grey a premium Lamb-based kibble because the Lamb was just too rich for her digestive system to function without almost diarrhea-like poop. She does a lot better on Turkey or Fish types. Her favourite food is real chicken thighs but she has to wait until the supermarket put them on offer.

Guest DylanGospel

Ours doesn't stock it either, but I mentioned the new one to them and they are checking with their buyer. Do you know the protein percentage? I know they vary from one flavor to another.

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't know that TOTW's Sierra Mountain formula was fairly new...

Bernie is our first Greyhound, and we've had him since October. After going through a poop saga with foods disagreeing with him for weeks, our vet recommended to get rid of any and all chicken, chicken by products, chicken meal, etc., in his food. Also, our vet recommended that we feed him a food with only one protein. (Not several different protein sources.)

After spending an hour reading labels in the dog food aisles at my local pet food store, I tried the Sierra Mountain. And, it's been a big hit with Bernie in the last week or so that we've tried it! He has nice poops.

It's a great food, and I'm absolutely sticking with it. :colgate

Edited by Laurenbiz

Lauren the Human, along with Justin the Human, Kay the Cat and Bernie the Greyhound! (Registered Barney Koppe, 10/30/2006)

Bernie-signature-400.jpg

Ours doesn't stock it either, but I mentioned the new one to them and they are checking with their buyer. Do you know the protein percentage? I know they vary from one flavor to another.

It(Sierra Mountain) is the same as the Pacific Stream: 25% protein and 15% fat. The High Prarie and Wetlands are 32% protein and 18% fat. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

When I saw the bag I had to laugh at the thought of it: picture of wolves on it and the main ingredient is lamb. What is wrong with that picture?

When I mentioned it to the person at our store she said that it was TOTW's answer to single protein source food for those with allergies or sensitive tummies. As another mentioned, Pacific Stream is working well here so we won't change, but it is an option for those with other allergies!

I am going to try this. We went through a 30 lb bag of Pacific Stream and while it seemed to agree with him better than Kirkland, he never had good poop. Switched back to another Kirkland flavor and it's horrible... so I really hope this will work for him :goodluck I never had a dog with a sensitive stomach before and it's so frustrating.

just wanted to post an update... Legs has been on TOTW Sierra Mtn for 2 days and the difference is night and day. I can actually pick up his poop. We will be switching to this! Unfortunately it costs more than 2x as much as the Costco food :( :(

I noticed the night/day difference when we first switched over to TOTW Sierra Mountain, too!

We've been eating it for a month or so now, and still doing great :colgate

Lauren the Human, along with Justin the Human, Kay the Cat and Bernie the Greyhound! (Registered Barney Koppe, 10/30/2006)

Bernie-signature-400.jpg

We ended up switching to this about 4 or 5 weeks ago from the TOTW High Prairie. Either something changed in the High Priairie, or something in it was no longer agrreing with Rocket and we had pudding poops from 2 different bags. It was a very rich food, but we saw excellent results on it for over a year until this happened.

We switched to the Lamb in an all at once changover (no transition). Not only did he firm right up, his coat is much softer than on the High Priarie. He looks much better, and his weight seems to stay more consistent on it.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

My mom's pups were on the High Prairie and they had pudding poop. They do much better on the Pacific Stream. I consider it to be a single protein source too - fish. There are a couple of different kinds of fish in it, but I personally haven't heard of dogs having issues with one kind of fish vs. another.

We are Pacific Stream users here :nod Lamb doesn't agree with my pups, but, I'm glad that those that do well on lamb food now have a good quality choice. I love TOTW!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlackandBrindle

just wanted to post an update... Legs has been on TOTW Sierra Mtn for 2 days and the difference is night and day. I can actually pick up his poop. We will be switching to this! Unfortunately it costs more than 2x as much as the Costco food :( :(

Costco offers a grain free food (fish based) that is about $10-$12 less a bag than TOTW. Friends who have switched their greys to the Costco food have had good results. I personally feed TOTW Pacific Stream. Spud has a sensitive stomach when it comes to kibble so I don't want to rock the boat. Might be worth investigating though! :)

Costco offers a grain free food (fish based) that is about $10-$12 less a bag than TOTW. Friends who have switched their greys to the Costco food have had good results. I personally feed TOTW Pacific Stream. Spud has a sensitive stomach when it comes to kibble so I don't want to rock the boat. Might be worth investigating though! :)

The 2 Costcos near me don't carry the grain-free food :( I have put in a request at both, and check every time I shop there. Hopefully they will get it soon so we can at least try it. A 30lb bag of Sierra Mtn cost $58 here :eek But, I will suck it up since it seems to agree with Legs.Thanks for the suggestion though, MJ! :)