Update On Oreo Kitty

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

I'm sorry it took so long to get back over here and update. School is not going well this semester, Amber is moving into her own place the end of this month, and I'm about ready to lose what mind I have left.

Oreo is still at the vet's. What I didn't realize is the bile acid test is one that is sent out, and the vet won't have the results till next week.

He's still on his liver meds, and is eating on his own. Amber went to spend time with him yesterday, and today I went to see the little guy. I took some cat treats, which he ate with gusto. He still is far from well, but he was purring and crawling in and out of my lap. He ended up exploring the whole room where the other cats are.

If this is not liver failure, but the lipidosis, which may have been brought on by stress, and he went off feed, we will continue to board him until the end of the month. Amber is taking Goober, Riley, and Bagheera with her. Goober and Riley are the ones I have to watch because they will pick on Oreo.

So for now we still don't have answers, but he appears to be comfortable for the time being. Amber and I will continue to visit him daily. He has a blanket from home that Amber said he flopped down on as soon as she put it in the kennel. :)

I'm glad he's doing a bit better. Keeping fingers crossed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Tenderhearts

The bile acid test results came in today, and although they are elevated, it's not critical at this point. Amber can't afford a sonogram and liver biopsy since she's moving, she's got a big bill at the vet's here, and paid the bill to the 24 hour clinic where he was. Since he appears to be happy at the moment, still eating well, and taking his meds, the vet agreed with Amber that it would probably be best if she took just him to the new place so that he is the only cat. Then she recommended running the bile acid test in 3 months. We visited him for an hour today, and he was very pleased. He was exploring the entire room and crawling in and out of our laps. Amber hopes to be moved this weekend, and then he will be discharged.

Guest Tenderhearts

Visited Oreo again today and he will be going home with Amber to her new place tomorrow. Here are a few pics of the little guy. He used to be my back door percher when they were all indoor/outdoor cats. Everyone is indoor only now.

oreo-printercover2.jpg

Yes, he only has half of a tail, came that way. :)

050410oreodoor3.jpg

050410oreodoor.jpg