New Take On The Rainbow Bridge

giadog

Wow, as much as I've read and talked about the Rainbow Bridge, I've never looked at it the way this anonymous author does. This caught my heart like not much else has....

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here on earth, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge.

There, there are meadows and hills and soft, green grass. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and all of the animals are warm and comfortable. Every pet who had been ill or old is restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams and memories of time gone by. The animals are all happy and content.

Except for one small thing...they each miss someone very special to them, a person they had to leave behind.

They all run and play together, sleep in comforting piles, share their food, and pass the days until the day comes when one suddenly stops. Her ears prick

up, her whiskers twitch, her eager body quivers. Suddenly she leaves the group, flying over the grass, scampering faster and faster.

You have been expected, you see. Hoped for.

When you and your special friend finally are reunited, you cling together, and never again will part. Happy kisses cover your hands, your face; you again can

caress the head, scratch the ears, and look once again into eyes full of the love that only a pet can have. It has been so very long since they left your life, but they never left your heart. She climbs to your shoulder and noses at your ear once again, urging you onward.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

this made me cry because it's so beautiful cry1.gif

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.