Hello From The Middle Of Canada

Guest synaptica

Guest synaptica

Hello, fellow greyhound enthusiasts :) I'm from Alberta, Canada, and currently own 2 greyhounds, 1 possibly Beagle mix, 2 cats, and too many fish to count. I adopted my first grey, Lonesome Linda (Fanta) last February, and the second one, Dakota Kid (Dakota) arrived just last week.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. So far, I've found lots of great info here :)

Heather

Guest synaptica

OK, you asked for it :) Here is everyone:

Apple (Beagle?x), Fausto (grey fluffy cat), Buttons (black and white cat), Fanta (greyhound)

pets13.jpg

Apple and Fausto

pets12.jpg

Buttons (she has lost 6 pounds since this picture, but I think it's super-funny)

pets11.jpg

Fausto

pets10.jpg

Fanta

pets9.jpg

Dakota

pets8.jpg

Dakota and Fanta

pets7.jpg

Fanta, Dakota, and Apple (and me)

pets6.jpg

Apple

pets5.jpg

Dakota and Fanta

pets4.jpg

Dakota and Apple (on the first day that Dakota was at my house!)

pets3.jpg

Fausto, Apple, and Fanta

pets2.jpg

Apple, Buttons, and Fausto

pets1.jpg

Fanta

dogs25s.jpg

Fanta at the beach (she stayed buried in the sand, sleeping, for a long time until we forced her to get up)

dogs24s.jpg

I don't think there will be pictures of Dakota with any kitties for awhile, though... until he has learned that they are not for eating (if that happens). It's interesting... Fanta never raced (although she grew up at the track) and has never expressed even the slightest interest in chasing the cats - inside or out. Fausto goes for walks with the dogs, and even Apple wants to chase him then, but not Fanta. It's pretty easy to see why she didn't make it as a racer :) Dakota, on the other hand, was racing at the "open" level... yup, he's a bit different :)

Edited by synaptica

Welcome, from a North Texan and former Lethbridgeite! Lived there years ago and still have a very close friend that lives there. She visits here about 4x a year and loves the Greys. But, she lives in a condo - so no big dogs!

Love your fur kids and the coulies in the background - used to ride in them by the Old Man River!

Edited by Pepsi2004
pepsi-2009.jpg?t=1262016678

Guest synaptica

Nice to meet you, Pepsi2004! I've just lived here since 2006 (originally from Saskatchewan), but I do quite like it :) The scenery is gorgeous, and the proximity to the mountains is excellent. Plus, the size of the city itself.. never takes more than 15-20 minutes to get anywhere!

Nice to meet everyone else, too :)

Edited by synaptica

Guest synaptica

Hi from calgary, alberta! :wave

Hi Lovey_Hounds... I have a stupid question: how did you code the hyperlinks in your signature?

Never mind.. solved it :)

Guest AmazinGreyz

Welcome from PA. You have a lovely family. Your Buttons reminds me so much of my well-loved heart kltty, Scampers who went over the bridge last year.

Guest synaptica

Welcome from PA. You have a lovely family. Your Buttons reminds me so much of my well-loved heart kltty, Scampers who went over the bridge last year.

Thanks for the welcome :) Yes, Buttons is my oldest pet.. I've had her since 1997, and she was a barn cat when I got her, so I actually don't know how old she is. She's getting up there, though. At least now that she's lost (most of) her excess weight, she can move around better.

Welcome from Ontario! Greyt pics...thanks for sharing.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hi, and welcome from Ottawa! Your hounds are beautiful, as are the rest of your furry family. Looking forward to learning more about them.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Welcome from RI!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.