Funny Looking Protrusion?

Guest Mollysmum

Guest Mollysmum

We have been through a traumatic few weeks of late and my old lady had not been getting her usual attention. I had to put to sleep my 2 yr old boxer mix on Sunday night due to CRF and turned to Molly for some comfort. While doing long back rubs I felt a small lump. It isn't a lump though more a worm like protrusion, outside the skin that is dark red in colour. I tried to get a pic but she won't stay stll. It is maybe a centimeter in length and doesn't seem to bother her when touched? Anyone have any knowledge of something like this? I cannot take any more heartache :(

Thanks for reading!

M

Guest Mollysmum

Could it be a vein? Bu has a bunch that are 3-d.

No I don't think so as it has and "end" to it. It does resemble a vein though, as it is a deep red color?

Edited by Mollysmum

Does the 'worm' go along the surface of the skin or stick out like a horn? Jim had a lot of the little dark red 'horn' type growths when he got older, and the vet wasn't worried about them unless one grew rapidly. We took one off that literally grew half a centimetre in a weekend, but it never grew back.

If it's along the surface, my best guess would be some kind of scar which is in the process of healing, or maybe a keloid scar.. Dogs do occasionally get keloids, which are like an overgrowth of collagen over a healed wound and can vary in colour from white to dark brown.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Where on her body is it located, and is it under the skin or on the skin?

If it's near her shoulders, you may be feeling her microchip! The first time I stumbled on George's, it freaked me out a bit!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest Mollysmum

Does the 'worm' go along the surface of the skin or stick out like a horn? Jim had a lot of the little dark red 'horn' type growths when he got older, and the vet wasn't worried about them unless one grew rapidly. We took one off that literally grew half a centimetre in a weekend, but it never grew back.

If it's along the surface, my best guess would be some kind of scar which is in the process of healing, or maybe a keloid scar.. Dogs do occasionally get keloids, which are like an overgrowth of collagen over a healed wound and can vary in colour from white to dark brown.

Looks like a horn! I will watch it very closely for growth! Thanks so much for helping me :)

M