Josie ... Is She Ok?

Guest buttonwillow

Whatever you are doing you must be doing it right because she sounds like one happy content pup :) For a greyhound there is nothing better then a few walks a day, a couch to sleep on and a family to sunngle with.

I told DH yesterday that we should be reported to animal control, we had the nerve to take Leah and JJ to pick up some custom drapes, took us an hour, those abused girls dragged themselves into the house and we didn't see them come out of their bedrooms for two hours. They travel in crates with beds AND comforters. Leah is 9 but JJ is 3, they really know how to handle retirement.

Normal. The only clue I have that mine ever move is toys. I put them in the basket when I leave in the morning and there are usually 5 or 6 in various places in the living room when I get home. But the dogs, themselves, are in the exact same spots I left them in.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

That sounds like what my Stella was like, quiet, calm, sweet, lazy as all get out, incredibly affectionate. She had NO prey drive, completely ignored other dogs as though she couldn't see them, and didn't play with toys of any type. I miss her like crazy and wouldn't have changed a thing.

Jeffy on the other hand, oh boy. This morning he woke me up at 430 a.m. I thought he needed to potty but he actually just wanted to play 'tug of bunny' with his stuffed rabbit. He will randomly leap up from his bed throughout the evening and bark at me or Craig or Faith if he gets the sudden urge to play and don't seem to be getting his hints (bowing and helicopter tailing). He also will eat food if I let it get to close to the end of the counter and he will follow me every place I go and cry if I close a door, this is especially fun when I have to use the bathroom :lol

He is goofy, silly, noisy, clumsy, affectionate and I love him like crazy and wouldn't change a thing.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

• 1 month later...
Guest buttonwillow

Two months later things are pretty much the same, although she has started following me around the house a bit. When we put up the Christmas tree it seemed to confuse her and she spent a couple days sleeping in her crate, which she'd been ignoring for a while. But now she's back on the couch, although sometimes she chooses to lie on her dog bed with the cats who have taken it over. :D She nosed a ball in the park the other day -- the first time she has expressed any interest in a toy! And she's started to chase me around the dog park and run circles around me, which is super cute. She's not what I'd call effusive, but she's very sweet. I hope one day when I come home she'll wag her tail. Right now she only does that when she sees a dog she likes.

Edited by buttonwillow

Guest rachel2025

I hope one day when I come home she'll wag her tail. Right now she only does that when she sees a dog she likes.

Hahaha. We hoped the same thing for Pike, and now we have a waggly boy! But we never saw a single tail wag in the first three months or so, even though he came to us with a case of happy tail! I bet it'll happen sooner or later.

Guest zombrie

Mira was like this for awhile, too. She is very, very independent (but still loves human attention) and it took her awhile before she seemed to be "happy" with us. For a good 6 months I thought she would never wag her tail. Now a year later, if I just look at her she'll give me a wag!