Another Sparks Scare Today-Updated

Wonder

glad to hear he's doing better!!!! :yay

continuing to send your sweet handsome boy prayers!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so glad you had a happy outcome because this whole time I'm thinking of when Dear had hermangio sarcoma, it showed a mass in his stomach probably on his spleen, diarhea & no appetite, a month later he died (after surgery to remove the 4 lb tumor). Its been 3 years & it was like re-living that nightmare all over again.

So I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo glad he's okay!!!

Let us know when you get the pathology report!! Sending all my best thoughts for that benign finding!! Hurley has an enlarged spleen too, that freaked out the e-vets (who in turn really freaked me out) during his stay in the hospital (I think it was for his aspiration pneumonia, not his bloat but I forget). I know they never pursued it because his real symptoms were found and treated. I thought I read somewhere (or was it Dr. Coutu?) that greys often are considered to have enlarged spleens but it's really just the organ placement of greyhounds, different but not unhealthy. I believe his veins flagged them as a mass or origin of the enlargement. They are trying to cover all the bases but are not used to greyhound anatomy like OSU would be. At least, I ****HOPE**** this is a possibility here!

I know exactly how you feel too!! The first time Woodie had an unexplained limp, I cried if I even thought about it. With Hurley, my heart dog, both times he was in the ER, then the overnight ICU, I cried at night if I woke up.....who can sleep when there is worrying to be done?....or when I visited him with all his IV tubing and strange accoutrements. Anyway, it seems easier to accept imminent death beforehand than to get slapped with it.

Hugs to Sparks!! And you!! It must be difficult to leave home knowing he is aching.

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Let us know when you get the pathology report!! Sending all my best thoughts for that benign finding!! Hurley has an enlarged spleen too, that freaked out the e-vets (who in turn really freaked me out) during his stay in the hospital (I think it was for his aspiration pneumonia, not his bloat but I forget). I know they never pursued it because his real symptoms were found and treated. I thought I read somewhere (or was it Dr. Coutu?) that greys often are considered to have enlarged spleens but it's really just the organ placement of greyhounds, different but not unhealthy. I believe his veins flagged them as a mass or origin of the enlargement. They are trying to cover all the bases but are not used to greyhound anatomy like OSU would be. At least, I ****HOPE**** this is a possibility here!

I know exactly how you feel too!! The first time Woodie had an unexplained limp, I cried if I even thought about it. With Hurley, my heart dog, both times he was in the ER, then the overnight ICU, I cried at night if I woke up.....who can sleep when there is worrying to be done?....or when I visited him with all his IV tubing and strange accoutrements. Anyway, it seems easier to accept imminent death beforehand than to get slapped with it.

Hugs to Sparks!! And you!! It must be difficult to leave home knowing he is aching.

Email from my vet:

Kari,We got Sparks cytology report, and his spleen has a benign condition, and it should not be a problem for him. As far as the panting is concerned, it can be the prednisone, or it can be discomfort. Based on what I saw of him, I think the medication is likely the cause. If he is eating and his stools are fine, I would drop his prednisone down to 1/4 tab once daily.

WAHOO!!!! :yay

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Awesome news!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Yay, yay, YAY!!! It's a good day!!!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background