Greyhound Medical Conference

Save the date if you can... the annual Greyhound Medical Conference has a date... 5/21/11. Here's the link:

https://vetmedce.osu.edu/ceactivities/conferences/index.cfm?action=coursesview&eventID=39171

More info. on-line later but wanted to get the info. out ASAP so people could try to make plans if possible. : )

Hope to see some of you there!

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

I went to the link and it already states that registration is closed.

What it's really saying is "It's not open yet". We had the same "problem" last year.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

So glad it is in May this time. I should be able to go. :yay

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

As the other poster stated... it just isn't opened yet. I wanted to post the date though as soon as we got it so people could try to "save the date".

Bill

Lady

Bella and Sky at the bridge

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anabele France

FeemanSiggy1.jpg

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

If anyone needs any local assistance, just ask. I will post more details on things to do and see as the date approaches. If you would like alternative hotel suggestions I would be happy to try to find a good fit for you.

When I spoke with Dr. Couto a month or so ago about this conference, he commented that they are considering including a ticket to the conference with the website subscription. I will let you know when I hear any more about this.

Jane from Buckeye country

Edited by joejoesmom

Guest TinasTroops

I guess we don't know if the content is the gonna be the same as last year?

I would like to attend but would prefer the vet portion of the event this time around.

If I do go I am gonna have Uncle Royce & Measure tagging along :P

Edited by TinasTroops

I'd love to go! Hopefully I won't get caught in any earthquakes this time :lol

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to attending again :D I had a greyt time last year!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest hlpnhounds

Very happy to see this coming back again !! If you didn't have the chance to attend last year I highly recommend it !!

I was torn last year between attending the Veterinary sessions vs the owner sessions as there were topics I wanted to know more about in both.

Edited by hlpnhounds

Guest bigorangedog

Ooh, hope to go this year! Last year, DH was in China getting our 2nd daughter so I couldn't go. We'll have our 3rd daughter home by May! So can I leave DH alone to care for three kids under 6 years old, plus 15-20 greyhounds?? :lol

• 1 month later...

I just got an email from OSU with their upcoming Vet Conferences listed and the Greyhound conference is listed as May 7... not May 21???? I checked the OSU website and it also says May 7.

Hmmm, guess I'll be changing my vacation days!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Hmmm -- the 7th-- crap I already put in for vacation days --maybe it's a typo??

Edited cause I just remembered that I already made hotel reservations too (at the Varsity Inn Norh-- recc them-- clean rooms, priced right, close to the hospital and pet friendly). Guess I'll have to e-mail the CE office to confirm the date.

Edited by tbhounds

We came all the way from Nevada last year for the conference. Hoping we can make it this year.

I'd love to go! Hopefully I won't get caught in any earthquakes this time :lol

OMG Robin that is right. Maybe this time we can actually meet up.

Sharon

I kept getting all of these emails about whether I was going to be able to make it. I was like, uh, I'm stuck in Chile and there was just a major earthquake. It was almost the furthest thing from my mind :lol I hope we can meet at the next conference, Sharon :)

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Looks like they had a conflict

2nd Annual Greyhound Health & Wellness Conference 5/7/2011 Small Animal

Basic and Intermediate Ultrasound 5/14/2011 to 5/15/2011 Small Animal Medicine

Canine Opthamology 5/21/2011 to 5/22/2011 Ophthalmology, Small Animal Medicine

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

• 1 month later...