Itching, Itching, Itching

Guest Jollybug

Guest Jollybug

We have had quite the battle with fleas this summer. Still trying to get rid of a few. My 2 year old femaile is still itching. She bites obsessively at her butt area and tail. She will also try and itch all over. We have been using Frontline to try and keep the fleas away. Please help. Is there something I can put on her to stop the itching or why is she doing it?

I love revolution. Before I got my hound, I had 2 cats and found 2 cats on the side of the road. The new cats had fleas. I was already using revolution on the 2 cats I already had and put it on the new 2 as well. I never saw another flea. My vet even said if I use revolution it will kill all the fleas in the house. It is a topical med like frontline.

Get Comfortis, a once a month pill that will kill fleas. Then treat your house and yard. Wash all the bedding. Vacuum. GT'er Energy11 can give you good tips using Adams Spray.

Forget the topical stuff since it isn't working. A Capstar pill will kill any fleas within hours. A Comfortis pill will protect your dog for month. Worth the money!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Are you sure it is a flea problem now, if she is biting at her butt and base of her tail it could very well be an anal gland issue.

Very good point! BTDT with my Gracie.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Get Comfortis, a once a month pill that will kill fleas. Then treat your house and yard. Wash all the bedding. Vacuum. GT'er Energy11 can give you good tips using Adams Spray.

Forget the topical stuff since it isn't working. A Capstar pill will kill any fleas within hours. A Comfortis pill will protect your dog for month. Worth the money!

Interesting

I switched to Advantage, bathe the girls with De Flea Shampoo once a month (no chemicals), and "mist" with Adams before their evening walk which I use as much to ward off mosquitos as anything else. I feed a fish based, grain-free food with the addition of various oils (rotating salmon oil, human fish oil concentrate, flax seed oil), feed homemade treats made with loads of organic ground flax seed. Also add Springtime's "Longevity".

One of my girls used to be in constant motion - scratching, biting, licking, twitching. Poor baby! It took a year or so to get to this combination but it has eliminated about 80% of her itchies.

Frontline stopped working in this area. Had been using it for years.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead