I Lost My Echo Yesterday

Guest cms121979

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Swifthounds

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose them at any age, but unexpected when they're so young. I do think, to the extent that a greyhound's life has little consistency and formal training, that's a byproduct of the adoption and pet part of their lives.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to leave home in the morning with a silly, happy cold nosed dog, and to lose them without warning that same afternoon. I hope the necropsy will give you an answer that will help you to heal. Echo sounds like a very special boy who found just the right home for him when you found each other.

So very sorry. Take some consolation in the fact that he never had to suffer a protracted illness and months of pain and discomfort. I've only had one die in his bed and I'm glad he did, but he was old - thirteen and half. No matter what age they are, though, we can only be glad if they are spared long months of pain.

You must be feeling very lost. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

I am so sorry. The sudden nature and his youth make it even harder to get your head around - if that's possible. I have been there - and the ache is overwhelming.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am so very sorry for your loss, I know no words can express how you are feeling but my thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. Run with the angels sweet boy :gh_run

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope the results from the necropsy will help you get some peace.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest Energy11

We are EXTREMELY sorry for your loss! Echo was so young, BUT, soo loved by you!

Losing your first greyhound is an experience like no other. It it etched in your soul, and leaves a hole in your heart. Losing my Bold Energy, changed my life forever ... I feel, for the best!

Thank you for reminding all of us to hug our greys! I do it several times a day, and whisper "I love you" in their ears!

God Speed your Echo, and you made a tremendous difference in his life, and he, yours!

Sounds like he had a perfect last day....

hugs to you

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)