Vomiting, Diarrhea, And...snorting?

Guest jupiterooos

Guest jupiterooos

Angler had an explosive poo earlier, so I figured he's feeling off. Since then he has apparently been feeling worse and worse - first vomiting, then refusing food (unusual), panting, and now he is standing next to me making those wheezy snorty noises that are sort of like a reverse sneeze? He does that from time to time but he's been doing it nonstop.

My first thought is hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, as these symptoms are exactly what befell Jupiter a few months ago (minus the snorting) but I really don't know. What should I watch out for? We will go to the vet tomorrow I think, but in the meantime can I do anything for him? He is drinking a little water.

Guest jupiterooos

I'm not an expert, but that sounds a bit like bloat. Is is stomach swollen and hard?

Nope. I don't think that's it. Would bloat happen just randomly like that? I thought it was tied to eating.

Guest jupiterooos

It usually is tied to eating, but it can also be from panting. Did he eat something he shouldn't have? How long before the diarrhea did he eat?

I doubt he ate something weird, he never does stuff like that. The diarrhea happened a good six hours after breakfast.

Hoping Angler is better today.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Any word?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest jupiterooos

He is better! We were really freaked out because the symptoms seemed like the hemorrhagic gastroenteritis Jupiter suffered earlier this year, but by the next day his poo had solidified and he had stopped barfing. And he wanted his breakfast :colgate I guess it was just a tummy upset? No idea what caused it, but I'm so so glad he is better!

Edit: I wrote he had stopped barking when I meant to say he had stopped barfing. Big difference there.... :lol

Edited by jupiterooos

He is better! We were really freaked out because the symptoms seemed like the hemorrhagic gastroenteritis Jupiter suffered earlier this year, but by the next day his poo had solidified and he had stopped barfing. And he wanted his breakfast :colgate I guess it was just a tummy upset? No idea what caused it, but I'm so so glad he is better!

Edit: I wrote he had stopped barking when I meant to say he had stopped barfing. Big difference there.... :lol

Wonderful news!!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest SoulsMom

Soul was making those weird noises too when he had an upset tummy which I thought was bloat. Got him to the vet, turned him on his back for Xrays, he farted HUGE and all was well. Now I refer to that as my '$300 fart bill' :rolleyes:

Soul was making those weird noises too when he had an upset tummy which I thought was bloat. Got him to the vet, turned him on his back for Xrays, he farted HUGE and all was well. Now I refer to that as my '$300 fart bill' :rolleyes:

:lol

Glad Angler is feeling better! :yay

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."