Rippa's Test Results Are All Clear!

Guest 4rooers

Guest 4rooers

Rippa went for testing today(x-rays, ultrasound of spleen and liver and full blood panel)and everything was negative! The malignancy was confined to the dermal cells on the lump and she is cancer free. My vet did suggest that I get together with the Eastern medicine vet to see about herbals and acupuncture to boost her up. Thanks for the prayers. My little girl will be with me a while longer. Please, if you see a lump, get it checked out.

Kim

Awesome news!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Congrats! If you go that eastern route, I would be interested to find out what you learn! My whippet had a dermal hemangiosarcoma removed several years ago. He is almost 14 and is starting to develop more blisters, but he probably wouldn't survive any surgical intervention. :(

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Rippa went for testing today(x-rays, ultrasound of spleen and liver and full blood panel)and everything was negative! The malignancy was confined to the dermal cells on the lump and she is cancer free. My vet did suggest that I get together with the Eastern medicine vet to see about herbals and acupuncture to boost her up. Thanks for the prayers. My little girl will be with me a while longer. Please, if you see a lump, get it checked out.

Kim

Hi Kim, that's great news that the hemangiosarcoma was of the dermal variety. Having had a dog with this cancer, I can relate to you what my vet said to me, dermal hemangiosarcoma seldom metastasizes. However, it doesn't go away. Spoof would get crusty looking scabs on his skin about the size of an eraser on a pencil. They were the skin tumors. When he'd get a couple of them, we'd take him in to have them surgically removed. It is important to remove them promptly!

According to Dr. Averhoff, this particular cancer has the greatest potential for complete cure. The skin form can also look like a rosy red growth on the skin. It is associated with sun exposure and tends to form on non-haired or sparsely haired skin, such as on the abdomen, or on areas with white fur. Spoof was white with red brindle spots. Dogs with short white haired fur are predisposed to the development of this tumor. We slathered Spoof with sun screen before going outside. We also had him wearing tee shirts in the summer and 4-legged jammies in the winter, to keep him from getting too much exposure to the sun.

Elaine @ DM Greyhounds

http://www.dmgreyhounds.net