Tummy Troubles

Guest mbfilby

Guest mbfilby

Friday morning Mickey's stomach noises actually woke me up. I could hear the rumbles/grumbles from across the room. She refused to eat breakfast which has never happened before, so I knew something was up. Throughout the day she seemed fine and playful, but continued to have tummy noise. She ate her dinner fine and the tummy noises seemed to go subside a bit.

Saturday morning we woke up to carpet horror. There were piles from both ends everywhere. She ate breakfast fine, and continued to be playful and energetic all day. After dinner, she was asking to go out about every hour, and continued to have the big D. Her last trip out was 2:30am. Sunday, she was still loose, but not frequent. Today she is back to normal..

I have no idea what happened. We had 3 extra pups over on Thanksgiving, two of which shared her run. The other K9 guest was a tiny puppy who she sniffed up, but we kept away from Cy who has the prey drive of a tiger. Our other pups are fine. If it was a contagious virus, I would expect them to have a turn. No new foods, and she did not get into anything or have any abnormal treats.. Very weird..

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I've heard from quite a few people lately that their hounds have had a bit of a stomach bug.

I honestly believe the change of seasons sometimes kicks it off.

Even one of our racers, Do Bee was feeling a bit funky last week. He was all better in a day or so but was really off that first day.