I Can't Tell Sparks Had Anything Wrong With Him

Wonder

:yay

He's still being restricted from activity but he's really not wanting to move much at all.

He's going out potty and I don't hold on to him anymore but I do stay close since I still worry he might fall.

I have plywood to make a ramp for the patio stairs but for now I'm carrying all 77 lbs of him much to his dismay.

Last night after his poop, he tried to do his happy dance which is kick back his rear legs. This time though he kicked his front legs. I stopped him once I saw what he was doing.

He slept in my room last night and myself and the other pups slept in the living room. If I can figure out a way to keep him safe in my room with the other pups, we will all sleep in there again. I just need to make sure they can't step on him.

He still has big D and isn't eating any kibble but will eat his raw chicken.

He's no only allowed on the couch and no more running at all or digging.

I have a follow up call with the vet on Monday to talk about what's next.

I'm just thrilled that he's still here with me and doing so well.

Thank you for all the well wishes.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

So glad he is doing well. Special scritchies for handsomest boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So glad he is doing well. Special scritchies for handsomest boy.

Thanks

He's not happy about the couch restriction. I thought about putting him up there but I think it's just best not to allow him on the couch anymore. Let's see how long this lasts and I give him and put him up there.

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Kari, I don't know HOW I missed all of this ! :( :( :(

SO glad to hear he's doing better!!!!! sending your Sparks EXTRA hugs and kissies and prayers that he continues to improve!!!!! :grouphug:kiss2:hope :hope

Kim

(looking forward to seeing you next Saturday in WI :))

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Kari, I don't know HOW I missed all of this ! :( :( :(

SO glad to hear he's doing better!!!!! sending your Sparks EXTRA hugs and kissies and prayers that he continues to improve!!!!! :grouphug:kiss2:hope :hope

Kim

(looking forward to seeing you next Saturday in WI :))

:yay

wasn't sure if you were still going next weekend.

see you there

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest cwholsin

We kicked our boy off the coach and got him a big 10 inch thick foam bed to be his 'coach' (like the foam that goes into memoryfoam beds). Maybe that might work for your sparks? Something nice and squishy and sort of off the floor... our boy doesn't even seem to miss being on the couch!

We kicked our boy off the coach and got him a big 10 inch thick foam bed to be his 'coach' (like the foam that goes into memoryfoam beds). Maybe that might work for your sparks? Something nice and squishy and sort of off the floor... our boy doesn't even seem to miss being on the couch!

I'll try that

Thanks!

Kari and the pups.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest Energy11

WOWEEEE!!! This is GREYT!

Just the news you wanted, and the news I needed to hear tonight ... GOOD news :-)))))) Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers!