Robin Is Home From The Hospital!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just that he looks good. He looks like he feels good, too.

Love the pictures...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

:yay That's what I wanted to see.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh he looks so wonderful and so happy too! Thank goodness you live in FL so he went to the U of FL vet school. If he'd have gone someplace else I really doubt the outcome would be this happy. Its like the universe conspired to have him in the perfect place- with you! Hugs to the boy- he's lookin' good!

Guest kelli123

Robin You look Great, Im so glad you are on the mend :banana:banana Your momma has taken very good care of you . Keep up the good work .

Great to see a picture of him

It's not just that he looks good. He looks like he feels good, too.

:nod

So what does the immediate future hold for continued treatment?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest 3greysinPA

arlington158.jpg

I'm just now seeing this thread... I'm so sorry i have missed it.

but I am so happy that Robin is home and doing greyt..

He looks wonderful... Look at that beautiful houndie.. hugs to you both.

Way to go Robin! I am very happy he is doing better and he looks greyt in those pics.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

SO glad he's home and doing so well! :yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest LindsaySF

He looks wonderful. I'm so glad. :)

Are the vets sure that his skin condition wasn't Staph all along and it invaded due to the pred? Did the pred clear his skin or the antibiotics did?

Either way, glad to see he's much better now. :)

He looks wonderful. I'm so glad. :)

Are the vets sure that his skin condition wasn't Staph all along and it invaded due to the pred? Did the pred clear his skin or the antibiotics did?

Either way, glad to see he's much better now. :)

Thank you! Yes, the UF Vet School is 100% sure that the skin condition was pemphigus foliaceus. They biopsied several areas of his body and that gave them a definitive diagnosis.

And then they put home on a huge dose of pred to get the pemphigus into remission...he was taking 4 a day...and since 4 pred a day basically shut down his immune system, he was the perfect target for a staph infection. :( So let's just say he hasn't been the most lucky boy these last couple of months.

At their direction, he went totally cold turkey off the pred and his skin continues to heal. Good thing because now he's on massive doses of antibiotics for 4 weeks to make sure every last trace of the staph infection is eliminated.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Rita, I haven't been on GT much of late. I am just now seeing this. I'm so relieved Robin is doing well! He looks wonderful..and so handsome :beatheart I know you must have been worried sick. I am so glad they were able to get him back on the road to recovery.

Jonelle and Streak send big cow kisses to Robin. :kiss2

greytalksignatureresized.jpg

Robin's recovery continues to go well! He's still healing up and eating great. Took him to the vet this morning and he's gained 2 pounds since last Saturday...from 75 to 77 lbs. So he's put back on a total of 7 pounds and has 5 pounds to go til he gets back to his good weight!

And we really love that he's acting goofy again. Today we were putting out halloween decorations. Robin grabbed a stuffed frankenstein off a bench in the foyer, took it outside, chased Toby around the yard with the frankenstein in his mouth, and then came back in. :)

What do you mean I'm not supposed to play with this toy?

arlington174.jpg

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France