My Boy Did Real Good

Guest greydreams

Guest greydreams

My sister;s family came from Washington state for a 4 day visit. She has a 7 year old and a 10 year old, both boys. I was a little worried since Al is my first and I have had him 9 months now, and he has never been around young kids like that. I am happy to report it went VERY well. Al LOVES people. But he did exceptionally well with the boys. The family loves dogs, and they were all over Al. Al just gave kisses back, a million kisses for every one. He ran and ran with his jolly ball, much to the delight of every one. Sis got pics of the boys sitting on the couch hugging Al and Al laying all over them. They just loved Al, too. Of course I was right there, watching every move, watching for Al to get irritated or anything, and he never showed any signs of aggression or anything. I am very proud of my boy, and very happy that he could enjoy the boys. Al is a good dog, and I love him so much. He made Mom very proud. Since Al is my first I keep an eye on him because I am new to grey's and don't want anything to go "wrong" and have an incident. Another thing he is doing well with is I have to Pug and the Yorkie. Of course the Yorkie thinks he is a bog dog and gets in Al's face sometimes. Al completely ignores the Yorkie, just walks over him. haha. I was afraid of food aggression with Al, so I feed them in separate rooms.I am always watching, but Al is not food aggressive and he is able to put up with the Yorkie. But, I still crate Al, which he doesn't mind at all, when I leave, just to be sure nothing happens when I am not there to supervise. A few years ago Sis and hubby were at a mall in Washington that was having a meet and greet and they fell in love (I should say a fawn girl fell in love with Paul) and when they went back for her, she was gone. So maybe now that they have spent some time with a grey in the house they will adopt one. They have always been very interested in AL since I got him, asking lots of questions and stuff, and I tell them truthfully how it is. So we may have a couch for another one in the family coming up! Sis is a stay at home Mom, and they have a golden with now who is crate trained, so if they find the right dog it could work very well for them. Sis is a trained vet tech, although she hasn't work since the boys came. But they just love animals, especially dogs.

Guest greydreams

edited to add that the boys have been taught how to handle animals and dogs, and Mom and Dad were supervising, too, they know never to leave the kids alone with a new dog, so that may have helped too.

Good boy Al! It sounds as if he loved the boys and was a great 'ambassadog' for greyhound adoption with their parents too :thumbs-up !

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Your description of Al and the boys is perfect and I smiled at him enjoying himself so thoroughly. Good for you, new mama, aren't greyhounds fun :colgate

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. Annie Oooh M. 

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.