Our Problem Fur Child

Guest greytsmom

Guest greytsmom

After a long 5 1/2 weeks, PJay is continuing to have difficulties. First he had the benign superficial cyst removed from his right thigh. This in turn caused a GI upset, which required ATB's. He would not leave incision alone and after chewing/licking most of sutures out we took him back and he had staples placed. He than wore a muzzle 24/7 except for meals and water breaks. He has always been a sporadic licker (legs, feet, his bed, etc) whether out of stress, boredom or just plain habit I don't know. He had been at his feet lately (before and after surgery) and had licked hair off in spots. The limp to right leg started the day he was to get staples out so we had the vet tech check his leg and foot. Found nothing and said to bring him back on Monday if he wasn't better. We did and another exam done by vet this time, who also found nothing.He was put on Dermax and continued to limp. Took him back and entire right leg/hip was xrayed and nothing was found. "Drawer" test also done to check for ruptured ACL which was also negative. We are so glad that all turned out normal. She added Tramadol in addition to Dermax. Is there something we could be missing? I just can't figure out why he is limping.

No advice other than to consider the corns as mentioned above....Best wishes. Many good thoughts your way.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

When I was new to greys,,, and did not know they can develope corns,,, when my big boy started to limp,,, off to the vet,, and he indeed had a corn,,,, man was I releived

Guest greytsmom

I know you said they did x-rays, but is it possible he stepped on and got a staple or piece of staple in his foot?

june

Actually, that is one of the options I thought was possible. We examined his foot with flashlight and down on our tummys. Could find no staple, but did spot what we thought was a corn. Mentioned it to vet tech before xrays done, but no follow-up. Is there a non surgical treatment for corns?? He is 10 and 1/2...