Larry Need Every Good Thought You Can Spare

Guest Adrianne

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Adrianne

I apologize for being so late to update this, but I have wonderful news. Thank you, everybody, for the love you have sent Larry.

I think Larry read what I wrote about him not being as strong and healthy as Wilbur, and he is out to prove me WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! He has given me a glimpse today of what a strong spirit he has. The sweet boy is now up & down, up & down, up & down almost (almost, but not quite) as if nothing were ever wrong. Late this afternoon, he saw me put a treat in Ollie's bowl. I turned around, and there he was! standing behind me asking for his treat. He had to have gotten up very fast. He scarfed down all his dinner and had a couple of treats. He's been outside several times and even pranced around the yard. He is favoring his left hind leg, and once in a while it buckles ever so slightly. When that happens, his back end sways in that direction before he balances himself.

And then, he went even further to prove me wrong. I told a couple people tonight that I thought his days of using the dog door were probably over. I didn't think he could maneuver the step over the threshhold while lowering his body to get through the door. Well tonight, I heard the flaps on the door and looked over to see that he had gone outside by himself. Five minutes later, he came back in without a bit of trouble.

This morning the boy could not raise his body off the floor and could barely lower back down. And now......a 180 turnaround. I can't believe it, but I am over the moon.

We'll continue the Deramaxx and watch him as closely as we can.

I feel like I came across as half-crazy earlier when I first posted, but I was in turmoil. I want to do right by him.

Thank you again, and Larry thanks you for the love, prayers, good thoughts, white light, and all the extra extra scritches he's received today.

Keep getting stronger you big sweetheart, Larry. Adrianne, thanks so much for the update, it was good news to read tonight amid all my sadness (I brought Sheila's ashes home tonight).

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I feel like I came across as half-crazy earlier when I first posted, but I was in turmoil. I want to do right by him.

Not at all! You came across as exactly how I would have felt in your place! Your love for your dog shone through the panicky words and he's a very lucky boy to be with you.

I've been away for a couple of weeks, so I didn't see this until now, and I'm SO glad to hear that Larry is recovering so well. A fall at his age really does knock them back, but they can recover, even if they take a little longer than a younger dog. Sending more scritches to the lovely Larry! He sounds like a sweetheart.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Just now seeing this and sending good thoughts for Larry and you. I hope it was just one of those episodes that can occur when they are seniors and nothing else.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Energy11

Your Larry has a lot of life and spirit! Why? Because of all the love you and your family have given him!

.... I will always remember what my Dr. Beau used to tell me ... "let's treat and give it a few days, before we panic!" :-))

Sending Larry and you, lots of love and hugs! We are ALWAYS there for you!

Curfew and the others say, they'd love you to come visit us ... we aren't more than two hours away :-))

:yay:confetti:guns:clap:thumbs-up:offwall Yea I am beside myself with happiness! Yippee! Thank you God for fixing Larry! Way to go Larry! You're a hero- you know that? You are. You're a hero to those of us who know you. Love & kisses to you and Ollie. I told Mom its too bad Olllie didn't see that mean cat when it went after you or it would have been a very sorry cat! Keep getting weller & weller fella! :banana:kiss2

Go gettem' Larry! He's a fighter, that one! Thanks for the wonderful update and sending prayers that they continue!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Adrianne

Things are not good this morning, but I'm trying (trying) to keep things in perspective.

Larry didn't sleep at all last night; he kept wanting to get up but couldn't. This morning, he's in a tremendous amount of pain; his eyes have a wild look in them. Not only can he not get up, but when we get him up, he can barely walk. He is limping on that left rear leg, but it is much much more pronounced today.

Yesterday, he was hurting and in distress. Today, he is suffering--you can see it in his eyes. I'm waiting for a call back from the vet.

Would heat be good for that leg? I can't remember.

Guest Adrianne

Larry is in more pain than he is letting on. I just tried to lie down with him and rub on him. He snapped at me.....sweet Larry for the first time snapped at me....when I tried to rub his front left leg. My hubby said he yelped two days ago when he rubbed his front left leg. His whole back quivered when I tried to rub his back.

:weep

Guest Adrianne

The vet is coming here to check him out. There is no way we can get him in the truck, and the stress of going to the vet would be almost too much for him.

Oh no. I just love that boy of yours and hope that it is something your vet will be able to get under control. Tons of prayers and "feel better" thoughts being sent to both of

you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Precious boy....I'm praying that he can feel better.

Adrianne, you love him so much, and we know how upsetting it is to see him in pain and feel so helpless. Prayers going out to you too.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest bigorangedog

The vet is coming here to check him out. There is no way we can get him in the truck, and the stress of going to the vet would be almost too much for him.

Oh, good. I am glad she can come to the house where he can be comfortable and feel safer. Please let us know what you find out.

As I said on FB, the aches and cramps from a fall like that can get worse over a few days before they get better. If he was able to walk right after, and able to walk for a while yesterday, then he probably doesn't have a really serious injury. He's just an old boy who got messed up good. Be generous with the pain meds and let him rest up for a while.

Much much love and many hugs!!! I really feel like he's going to start feeling better.

Jen

I'm STILL thinking positive! I refuse to think otherwise. Probably just overdid it yesterday - that was quite a feat going in and out and up and down so soon. More prayers going up just like the ones that worked before. Love ya Larry! Take it easy as you can right now but do get well soon!