Greyhound Canine Good Citizen

Guest Tokolos

Guest Tokolos

So excited for Sprinkles! He completed basic greyhound obedience this summer and will be starting the Canine Good Citizen class in 2 weeks. If he does well, we'd like to take the next step and become a Therapy Dog International dog.

Wish us luck!

:yay Sprinkles, you are going to be greyt!!! It's very rewarding, the work you will be doing. You and your mamma have fun!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest racergirl435

Congratulations! No graduation pictures? :angry:;)

That's something I've always wanted to do. Couldn't do it with Seymour because he was just a little too skittish around machines. Good luck with the classes!

Congratulations! And interesting. We don't need, in Canada, to have any official obedience or good citizen training to be a therapy dog. In fact, Summer and I are going at the end of October for our exam and, if she passes, we go on 3 monitored visits and then we are on our own! She will have to behave properly on the "exam", be gentle, not pee, not freak out at wheelchairs or a dropped steel bowl, etc. Not too hard.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Sprinkles, good luck to you!!!

We're in Canada too and Master did not need a CGC to become a pet therapy dog last weekend, just strict testing.

Edited by mom2four

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

One of my greys is a TDI dog and he loves it! We did the Canine Good Citizen test too although we did not take the class because I pretty much knew what was expected at the test. When Sprinkles passes the TDI they should send you a list of places that have requested therapy dog visits. When you visit the nursing homes watch Sprinkles. I could tell which homes mine boy enjoyed and those are the ones we visit regularly.

Congratulations! It is one more thing you can do WITH Sprinkles!

june

Congrats! Grace is a Canine Good Citizen and a TDI dog. Nice work you two.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I hope to do some work like that with my Fritz once I finish school in May and will have more time. He loves doing meet and greets and nothing phases him at all.

Good luck!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest mickie37

WTG Sprinkles! My Cappy is a certified with TDI and we have a gryt time volunteering at the rehab center, assisted living and nursing home. He wears silly hats from Bow Wow Bonnets when he visits and that surely brings a lot of smiles and giggles to residents and staff.

Best of luck to you in this most worth while volunteer project.

Mickie