Jake Needs Your Positive Vibes Please

Checking in for updates. Sirocco's leg swelled up similar to that due to infection. He apparently stepped on something and got a tiny puncture wound on his paw. Tiny wound became infected and the leg swelled up overnight. It two weeks of Rimadyl, Clavamox and another antibiotic to clear it. Lots of prayers and good thoughts for your boy.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending best thoughts this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We're keeping Jake and you in our thoughts.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest bigorangedog

Have you done bloodwork? How's his platelet count? Could he have a torn muscle or something that is bleeding into his leg? (I just suggest this because we took Tobey in last week with a sore/bruised leg, and it turned out to be that his platelet count was all messed up.) What meds are you giving? (Sorry if I missed that in another post.)

Guest arlosmom

Arlo was once bitten by a cat and his leg swelled up like that and was very red. We did not know it was a cat that bit him at first so the vet prescribed an antibiotic that would have been OK if a dog had bitten him. The next morning it was as big as my arm and he had a lymph node swollen under his neck as big as an apple. The bite was on the wrist and the leg swelled all the way to his neck. Not that that is what happened to Jake but it does look like it might be an infection. Is there any chance something poisonous bit him?

Have you done bloodwork? How's his platelet count? Could he have a torn muscle or something that is bleeding into his leg? (I just suggest this because we took Tobey in last week with a sore/bruised leg, and it turned out to be that his platelet count was all messed up.) What meds are you giving? (Sorry if I missed that in another post.)

Not this time. The way this presented it looked like an injury. Since he did fall up the stiars last week, it could be a torn muscle. We're doing rest, ice, metacam and tramadol. The only time I've seen this bruising is if we go out. That suggests to me that he is standing and likely wandering around. He's low positive for Von Willebrands so bleeding from a torn muscle is definietly a possibility. He goes back to our vet tomorrow at 9:30 so blood work will be done then. I'm going to request a script for amicar.

Seriously nothing this boy develops medially runs a normal course.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm just seeing this Janet! My gosh, poor Jake, he's been through it hasn't he. Hope you find out what's going on and he heals quickly.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Poor Jakers! We're thinking of you both and your whole family! Hugs to you.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Some good news. I think. :unsure His legs seems ever so slighly less swollen. He started to eat this morning, but tonight he ate Jet's dinner :lol Then he had one chicken foot and played with another one. :D

I have a few things to bounce off our vet. Bloodwork is a for sure, not as sure if we need an x-ray we'll see. I am going to talk to her about getting some Amicar to keep on hand for him.

Mr handsome and his fat foot which doesn't hurt at all.

ThanksgivingDay023.jpg

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Eating is always good! Praying for that dear boy non-stop. Hope the visit to the Vet brings some positive results.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm glad he's finally seeming a bit better. Am hoping he's well on his way to a full recovery. Soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Been reading this daily with no comments. Just prayers from afar. Hoping that all our prayers will pay off.

Thinking of you all.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Lots of good things to report. No x-ray needed :colgate his shoulder definition is back to normal :colgate leg itself is much smaller than last night :colgate

But, foot and wrist area still very swollen and bruised. :(

Today we did a full blood panel, and Miki gave me 7 days of a different antibiotic, We are reasonably sure that when he fell up the stairs, he pulled and very likely tore a muscle. However, since he has a lot of redness and swelling she put him on , Bioclav a braod spectrum antibiotic for 7 days. Also,since he's proven yet again that he is a bleeder, she is going to order in some Amicar to have on hand just in case. She also pricked a growth on his belly to see if it would go down. It did, reduced in size by more than half, so most likely a hemangioma.

I went to pay, and all I got billed for was the blood work and antibiotics. Have I said how much I love my vet?

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Catching up on this since we got back from Dewey. So glad to see he's doing well. And yes, your vet is awesome!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

So happy to see some positive news!

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson