Jake Needs Your Positive Vibes Please

Jake started limping yesterday. He got worse through the evening, although I couldn't at first figure out where he was hurting. It became clear it was his right front leg and I began to think shoulder. I gave him some metacam and a few hours later added a tramadol. On to this morning and he couldn't get up on his own. I used a towel and once he was on his legs he was able to get outside and downt he 2 steps then return inside. His right paw is slightly swollen.

I'm praying it isn't the TBD, he finished his second course of doxy at the end of July. :( On a positve though he isn't showing his usual set of symptoms so......... I hope for a simple injury.

He isn't eating or drinking, refuse a piece of tuna from my hand. Now he's mad because I syringed some gatorade and water into him. Tough! He'll get over it right?

We have a vet appointment at 3:15.

I say this all the time, but I do love our vet. She wasn't at our regular clinic today, but at the one in the next town. We were able to get an appointment there instead of waiting until tomorrow. She came in and dropped to her knees and her burried his head in her chest. :wub: Jake loves Miki. She had his whole file faxed over so we were good to go.

Decision - it is not the TBD phew! His foot is swollen, but he is really sore in his shoulder muscle, which is what I thought watching him walk last night. The swelling just drops down due to gravity. His whole leg is bruised too. Best guess is that he bumped into something or collided with Peanut playing or jumping on the fence to rid us of Squirels. We know he's a bleeder so Miki is pretty sure that is why he is so sore and bruised. So, rest, ice, metacam, tramadol and in a day or so massage. If it gets worse, or isn't improved considerably by Tuesday I'll take him back and she'll do an x-ray, but at this point she is pretty sure it's muscle and soft tissue.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janet,

I hope it's nothing serious. We'll be thinking of Jake and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Fingers and toes crossed!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Many prayers!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Janet, Jake has my every good wish. Tell him to knock it off!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Sending prayers for Jake.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Adding our prayers for Jake

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I love me some Jake :blush (and I've never even met him in person!) Definitely sending prayers for good, fixable outcome! Will be watching for update!! Huggs Janet!

:bighug for you and

:hope for Jake

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Update in post 1

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Sometimes getting here late is a good thing! Glad sweet Jake is going to be fine! Give him a nose-kiss for me!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Yay! He ate about 2 tablespoons of tuna and a milk bone. Plus he drank some water on his way back from outside.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg