Survival Time After Osteo Dx

Guest ktarantino

Guest nikkikaye

3 weeks... from the day she woke me up limping (was perfectly normal the day before- no limping or pain visible whatsoever)to the day she could no longer move without crying. the 1st 10 days post dx with meds was great.. especially the accupuncture days... but she went downhill fast after that- especially the nights. Lots of whimpering from a dog that NEVER complained of pain in the 9 years I had her. She was in pain and she was 70 pounds taking 6 tramadol a day with 1.5 Rimadyl. The wierd thing is you could barely see the tumor ball on her back leg- by the end it was maybe the size of a large gumball. I think every case is different. My next door neighbor had a gh Osteo dx and got 11 months with minimal meds- out of a 9 yr old. I think its safe to say every case is different- period. Just enjoy the time you have- especially the good days:)

prayers to your pup and you :hope the route you have chosen,, I too have done in the past,, and we so glad I did,,, I just hate to see them limp,,,, it breaks my heart

my Isis developed the limp in Jan. of last year, by the middle of march the rear leg began to swell and she did no weight on it. The X=ray showed the mass on her knee had swollen to the point it was cracking her bones and probably would have broken within a week or two. I made the hardest decision I ever made and let go to the bridge a few days later. I didn't want her to be in pain. She had already pretty much quit eating.

Each dog handles the Cancer in different ways. My prayers go out to you and your baby

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel