Pumpkin, Pumpkin

Guest kydie

DH came home with 23 cans two weeks ago and another 8 cans last week. Smokey has IBD and we tried sweet potatoes when we ran out of pumpkin but it didn't work as well. After one day with pumpkin he is FIRM again. Gotta love pumpkin.

Dee - now I know who bought all the pumpkin in Gatlinburg...........

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest Energy11

DH came home with 23 cans two weeks ago and another 8 cans last week. Smokey has IBD and we tried sweet potatoes when we ran out of pumpkin but it didn't work as well. After one day with pumpkin he is FIRM again. Gotta love pumpkin.

Dee - now I know who bought all the pumpkin in Gatlinburg...........

YEPPERS!! Truly, I went to the Food City Store there, ,and bought out THE ENTIRE SHELF!! I did leave some small cans for the others, though! :-)))

Just a question- Can I carve out a pumpkin and freeze it into cubes?

I think the pumpkin has to be cooked before you freeze it. IF the canned stuff didn't show up on the shelves soon, I WAS going to cook it up and freeze it. I would bet you could find something online on how to carve, cook and freeze the stuff :-)) Good Luck!

Guest Energy11

there are pie pumpkins,,,, used for cooking,,, and what we call "cow" pumpkins,,,, used to carve out and for decorations,,, not for eating :colgate

Thanks for that info! To me, a pumpkin is a pumpkin! :-))

Thought of this thread while shopping at Sam's Club in Denton, TX Friday night. Turned a corner there and was faced with a whole skid of the large-size cans, in 3-packs....

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest Energy11

Thought of this thread while shopping at Sam's Club in Denton, TX Friday night. Turned a corner there and was faced with a whole skid of the large-size cans, in 3-packs....

WOW! The Mother Load! :eek

Guest Energy11

Gee, there is a Dollar General about 15 miles from me,,,, guess I'll stop there too :lol

You don't need to styp by Dollar General! You ordered a semi full, remember! :eek:(