Pumpkin, Pumpkin

Guest kydie

Still having trouble finding pumpkin here,,, unless you want to pay over $3.00 a can,, which I would do if I must,,,, but today I was able to get 2 cases at $1.69 for a large can

of Lake Shore,,, happy days!!! although I was told that the pumpkin crop was good,,, and no reason why there should be a shortage! But sure is one here :blink:

Guest Energy11

"The Great Pumpkin" has showed his face in Georgia, even in the mountains where we live~ NOW, in all the stores!! YIPEE!!!

I have noticed the prices are up a bit from last year, but, so is everything else! At least we have it.

Wal-Mart was the FIRST place we found it, so maybe you can try there?

I feed it in my morning and evening feedings. Pups love it, and we have GREAT poops! :colgate

Good luck finding "The Great Pumpkin" in your area!

Diadado:I feed pupmkin when the "big D" arrives,,, but I do add it to mealtime just "because" it is good for them

it is much easier than cooking sweet potatos or winter squash,,, which I give if I have left overs or run out of pumpkin,,,,, I 'm going to try not to this year,, I thought it may get cheaper as the supply increases

Thanks to everyone here, I learned about and started adding a tbs of pumpkin to Duke’s meals and his BMs are soooo much better. It is in the stores now that the holiday season is approaching

Guest Energy11

Thanks to everyone here, I learned about and started adding a tbs of pumpkin to Duke's meals and his BMs are soooo much better. It is in the stores now that the holiday season is approaching

Yep! Thank God the pumpkin is FINALLY back in the stores! I was like paying randsom for it this last year, with the shortage and all, but a lof of us learned "creative" ways to get it! Glad it is helping yoru pup!

I have had Lila for about 10 weeks and her poop has always been soft. After just one day of pumpkin added to her food it is so much better! Even rolled on the street!

I knew this day would come someday - discussing poop on the internet. :blink:

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Pumpkin and TOTW Pacific Stream are the only things that stand between Badger and constant, runny poop. I was in a dither trying to track down pumpkin all summer, and even had to do a few weeks completely pumpkin-less. It was...not fun.

But there was an article in the local paper here the other day saying that the pumpkin harvest this year was back up to normal and canned pumpkin is back on the shelves. And indeed, suddenly it's findable again! Which hasn't stopped me from starting to hoard it as i buy it, just in case. The Stop & Shop here cleaned out their dented can inventory and put a bunch of cans of Libby's on the discount rack - my mom and I grabbed a cart and cleaned that shelf of every single can of pumpkin (and yes, we know to check dented cans carefully before feeding anyone their contents)! The checkout girl was so terribly confused when we deposited 20 cans of dented pumpkin at her register!

Edited by Fluffy

Guest Energy11

Yep! Thank God "The Great Pumpkin" will be smiling on us this year!

Last year, I paid gouged prices, cleared out the shelves at the grocery store in Gatlinburg during Mt. Hounds, AND even ordered dehydrated pumpkin flakes, which worked, too!

I am looking about 24 cans in my spare room right now! ... If in Georgia, Ingles, Food Lion, Kroger and Wal-mart have it.

I noticed it was back at my local grocery store as well. I almost bought a few just in case.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest Profgumby

I knew this day would come someday - discussing poop on the internet. :blink:

It is amazing! Since we got the hounds, "doggie bodily functions" is the central topic of many conversations. And talking about it here, well, let's just say any of our non dog owning friends would think us all mad as hatters!

some of us may in up on that "Hoarding" show,,, imagine,,,,,,, Family is in dire need of help,,, they have a family member with 1236 cans of pumpkin,,,, stay tuned next on "Hoarders" :lol

Guest Energy11

some of us may in up on that "Hoarding" show,,, imagine,,,,,,, Family is in dire need of help,,, they have a family member with 1236 cans of pumpkin,,,, stay tuned next on "Hoarders" :lol

Yep!!! The infamous Pumpkin hoarders!!! I have about 36 cans in this spare room, as I type~ :-)

We love our pumpkin here too! I found my pumpkin online from Amazon of all places-it was about $2.60/can for organic pure pumpkin with free shipping. Hopefully the pumpkin crop will be much better this year and we can find it locally.

Guest Energy11

Tequila,,,, you're not winning at the great pumpkin stash :lol

By tomorrow, I will have you ALL beat! I am going to the Kroger here about one town south (*have to go through there anyway), and will be getting MORE

We were giving Bella pumpkin for a while - and then discovered that once we ran out of salmon oil, we didn't need to give her pumpkin! (Seems obvious now). So, she's on Earthborn Holistic Adult Vantage with a spoonful of yogurt ('cause we just don't enjoy the smell of greyhound farts) and has consistantly good poops.

I know a lot of people don't give their dogs any grains, but Bella also gets kongs with oatmeal, peanut butter, kibble, bananas and a couple of cookies and is doing great. She loves the oatmeal, seems to agree with her, it fills up her kong cheaply (10 lbs of oatmeal at costco for $6!)so why not.

I did get some feedback here on the board that giving greys supplements masks symptoms of problems and agree with that to some extent. However, if you've ruled out worms & other problems, tried different foods, etc and your pup is just not solid, well, why not use a little something to help. If only for your convenience :)

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest Energy11

OH NO :yikes I better get to the store,,, can't let Energy11 get ahead of me :lol

It is my GOAL to stay ahead of you on The Great Pumpkin Stash, my friend!!! :colgate:rolleyes: