Upset Tummy

Guest Sunset123

Guest Sunset123

So, yesterday Arrisa reacted badly to the egg I added to her food (first and last time). We we bringing her outside for diarrhea all last night, but she seemed to feel better this morning. She ate with gusto and had soft poop, but not the same diarrhea. I came home at lunchtime to check on her and she was fine. Came home again a few hours later to find that she's thrown up all over the floor. Since I wasn't here, I don't know how much kibble she threw up because she might have eaten it and re-vomited.

My question is, what should I give her to help her feel better (I just gave her some slippery elm bark), and what should I give her for dinner? I don't know if I should try her regular kibble or give her something really bland.

Thanks!

Do not feed her. Here is my "work response" to that question, "If you had diarrhea, would you eat, or would you let your stomach settle first?" Dogs do not understand cause and effect. I (no matter how hard it is) would wait until AM to let her tummy rest. Then feed 1/2 of her normal food with a 1/4 cup of white rice to bind things up - continue adding rice until you get a normal stool. Some people just do rice and boiled chicken until a firm poop bu the transition back to their regular food take too long this way. Hope this helps and hope she firms up soon!

Guest Energy11

I, personally, don't fast, but that is me.

I'd give her a VERY bland diet, ... boiled chicken and white rice, and maybe so plain yogurt. You can also give Pepcid AC, which will help calm the stomach.

I don't feed any raw eggs these days .. not with all the Samanella scares,.

Good Luck, I hope she feels better soon! Many hugs!