Nero's Dropped Weight Quickly

Guest NeroAmber

Guest NeroAmber

Due to his recent teeth problems and infection Nero lost some weight then suddenly dropped around 5kg in a week :( I was wondering about what additions I could use in his diet to bring his weight up healthily and at a steady pace?

So far I have popped him on a little more kibble in his mix, and a little more meat- but not huge amounts, and I've started giving him a raw egg each day.

I'm not too worried about him- though it's not nice to see him so skinny- as I know whats caused it, I know he's feeling better, and I know that he WILL put the weight back on- but particularly with winter coming, I want to do it over the next two months or so, rather than the 6 months it took to build him up when we first adopted him...

Thanks for reading, and thanks for any advice :)

We just had a tooth infection on one of our only 17 teeth left in EZ's mouth. The vet gave me a fatty acid additive. It supposedly helps break up the tarter and is good for weight. It apparently tastes good, too, because EZ is extremely finicky and is eating it! Good luck!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest NeroAmber

fatty acid additive, got it! Thank you! I've been looking through other posts as well for help. I love this site, absolutely invaluable info here from friendly people :)