Rainey Is Having The Mri At 10Am

update 5pm 10/4 -- she's home!!!

what a trooper this girl is. She sure acts like a girl (and is as soft as one) but in reality she is tougher than nails. She's still a tiny bit groggy and unsteady from the anethesia but doing really well.

the doctor upped her Keppra from 500 mg to 750 mg every 8 hours, so praying that will help. If not, he has other things to try. At least now we KNOW it's not a tumor or lesion!

her spinal tap results may still show something else (hopefully not!) but we won't get those until Wednesday.

while it's hard to still not know what is causing the seizures, if anything HAD been found on the MRI it would have been worse outlook that not know what's causing them, so for that reason I'm glad we had it done. :) we'll be celebrating her birthday a day or two late but so happy to be celebrating!

thanks again to all!!!

update 12:38pm 10/4 -- just heard from the doctor!

The MRI is CLEAR!!!

they did do the spinal tap so something could come back from that will know hopefully by Wed afternoon when the results are back. He is going to up her dose to 750 mg (from 500 mg) and work on it from here, treat with meds. Part of me feels bad to put her through this, but MAN am I relieved. We still are in the same boat but hopefully we can keep working on reducing the seizures.

THANK YOU AGAIN for all your thoughts and prayers!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we are having the MRI done. Thanks to all for their advice and prayers.

I hope we are making the right decision. The doctor says it's possible that even if it's a tumor they can try to treat it and at least slow it down, so for that reason -- the possibility of any kind of treatment -- we are doing it.

I am a wreck :( :( :( I hope to hear something after she's in recovery, which hopefully will be around noon or so.

thanks again to everyone for your advice and good thoughts. All I want is my baby girl to be ok. I am so very, very scared. :(

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We'll be watching the clock and saying a very special prayer for your girl. Please keep us posted.

One thing I try very hard to remember, things that we do out of love for them, can never be wrong

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

We'll be watching the clock and saying a very special prayer for your girl. Please keep us posted.

One thing I try very hard to remember, things that we do out of love for them, can never be wrong

Exactly what I wanted to say too.:grouphug:hope

Guest BlueCrab

Prayers for Rainey and that the MRI answers some questions. I saw your other post just now inquiring if anyone had had one. We did a few years ago, and were very glad we did, as it answered a bunch of questions about problems we were having with one of our (non-grey) dogs.

Claudia always gets it right.

Many good thoughts and prayers for sweet Rainey.

That's greyt news!!!

Sending continued good thoughts for Rainey!!

Pee ess: HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY, SWEETHEART!!! :inlove

Edited by GreytHurleyDawg

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

That is awesome news! Maybe just raising the amount of meds, or even consider changing to a different seizure med will work. Saint takes a huge amount of medication. He's on 600 ml. of Phenobarbital and on 100 mg. of Potassium Bromide a day but it's controlling his seizures and that's all I care about. He's been on this dose for almost 6 years and has had no ill effects from it other than a little rear end weakness which doesn't prevent him from running around the yard with the other dogs.

I'll keep your sweetie in my prayers. Hopefully you can reduce or even stop her seizures in the near future!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That is excellent news about the clear MRI!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.