New Grey Mom

Hi all. I am a first time greyhound mom and have been reading this site since my daughters and I brought our girl home in July. What a help you all have been! We lost our beloved lab/mastiff cross last May, who I had raised from a puppy and grew up with my girls. Living without a dog was horrible but I was too heartbroken to look at actual dogs, so I was looking online and "discovered" Greyhounds! The more I read the more I felt that a grey would be the perfect fit for us- and was I ever right! I fell in love with them on the internet and even more so when we went to adopt Nike. It has been so much fun to watch Nike change from the confused dog who jumped at every sound and movement to the calm, happy, cuddly dog she is 2 short months later. I know that the information I got from this site was a big part of her successful transition. So thank you all!

Nike's racing name was WSR Subsonic. She raced mostly in Florida until November 2009. Did any of you know her before she came to us? We would love to hear stories!

I can't seem to figure out how to include pictures, hopefully I will be able to post some later!

Guest GryffinSong

Hi there and welcome!!!

I believe the easiest way to post pics is to upload them to a free photo hosting site (like photobucket or flickr) and then post the link here. I'm not sure that pics can be posted in the welcome area.

Welcome from RI!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Welcome!

Where in Maine are you located? GT has many members that live in Maine.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I live in NH on the Southern Maine border. I've never heard of Mexico, Me.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Welcome from Phillie! :wave

I'm glad to hear Nike is settling well. I didn't know your pup, but she raced most of her career with Lester Raines Kennel at Orange Park Kennel Club in Jacksonville. Her career overlapped my Paul's (PAK Penny Lane) and they even raced against each other in a few races. She had a pretty successful racing career (as those things go) with140 career races with (20 wins, 17 2nd's, 23 3rd's and 20 4th's). Here is a link to her race page on the Orange Park web site. If you click on any date in blue, it will open the results of that specific race and you can even watch a replay, if you want to see her in action. (Her race on 3/13/08 was an exciting win for her. She was the #4 dog in that race.)

Mom to:

Littermates Ringo (Pak Sgt Pepper)at the bridge, Paul (Pak Penny Lane) and John (Pak Let it Be). The three reunited Beatle Brothers.

• 3 weeks later...