Rainey Is At Evet -- Cluster Seizures :( :(

Monday a.m. update --

Raineys' 10th birthday today :(

talked to the Evet, she's been ok overnight, no more seizures, thank God. They said she's resting comfortably and the neurologist (Dr. Niman) will be examining her this morning and then will call. We know what he's going to say, they have to do the MRI and spinal tap. :(

thanks again for the prayers, I will try to update after I talk to him. We can't do the MRI (if we decide to) until tomorrow, so hopefully she can come home this afternoon and we can spend at least part of her birfday with her and just bring her back in the morning tomorrow. :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest K9_Lady

:kiss2 Happy Birthday smooches to Rainey from Miss Amy.

You and Bruce are the BEST Greyhound parents ever. The MRI might have the answers? Positive thoughts for whatever you decide...its not an easy decision. :grouphug

Guest MyCody

We lost our first grey, Snowie to a seizure when she was 8. She had been having mild stiffness in her legs, not always the same one and her vet didn't want to start her on meds because they were so mild. One morning at 4, she had a very severe seizure and we had to use a blanket to get her in the car and to the ER but they could not save her.

As for the MRI, Cody had one for his back problems. We took him to a neurologist in Boston after she agreed to let us stay with him because he was so terrified at any vets office I would not let him be without us. I too was afraid of the anesthesia but he did fine with it and I stayed laying on the floor with him until he was completely out of it. The MRI did show that he had disc problems which we treated with medication and acupuncture.

Sending prayers for your precious 10 year old.

Hoping that Rainey can come home for her birthday. Whatever you decide about the MRI will be the right decision. Just want you to know that we're thinking about you and Rainey. :bighug

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Just hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a sad birthday. All the best for a diagnosis that will do the trick for her. Hugs to you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Happy Birthday pretty Girl!!

feel better, and try not to make your mom worry so much!

:goodluck hoping for an easy med. adjustment to make seizure free! :goodluck

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14