Rainey Is At Evet -- Cluster Seizures :( :(

:( this just gets worse and worse :( She has had 2 focal seizures, one at 11:45am, the next at 1:45pm -- focals are much less severe, she just pulled up her right leg and began shaking and started to collapse, and we were able to "snap" her out of them. I called the Evet (Arboretum View) and they said if she had one more we'd need to bring her in....But then at 3:45pm (all 3 were literally 2 hours apart, almost to the minute) she had a very severe Grand Mal. This lasted 2 minutes and took a good 7-8 minutes for her to recover enough to be able to walk. :( :(

She's at the Evet now, they have a catheter in her (vein) and if she has another, they will administer additional meds to try to stop the clustering :( The neurologist will be in in the morning and will call after he exams her....he really wants to do the MRI and we're still not sure whether we should or not... :(

we are so scared for our little girl :( her seizures are just getting worse and more frequent....I just don't know how to help her, so far nothing has worked and I'm afraid it's (whatever "it" is) progressing very quickly. The only reason to do the MRI would be if it's something that can be cured -- if it's not, there's not much point in it. After her last one on 9/23, the Neuro said that 1 per month is "acceptable" -- but this is obviously not the case now....This just sucks so bad :( :(

Tomorrow is her 10th birthday and a month ago I was unsure if she'd still be here to celebrate it -- but then thought she was doing better with the meds....but now... :(

I know I keep asking for more and more, but if you can spare a quick prayer for our Rainey girl, she needs it more than ever now. :( :(

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Kim and Bruce, I am so sorry. :hope:hope:hope

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Oh no.

Sending a million prayers, and some hugs for you and Bruce.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

I am soo sorry to hear about this!

Our Curfew has "episodes," which were never really diagnosed. Dr.Couto thinks they are mini strokes... my vet here, ... seizures, No matter, we couldnt; afford the MRI, and why put him through it? It won't cure this!

The other night, DH called me, because Curfew was coming up our ramp from outside. HE held up his leg, and the muscle area was trembling. MY GUT said it was a focal seizure, and treated with 10 mg of oral Valium... the other part of me (the wishful thinking part) said, muscle spasm, and treated for THAT, with 1/2 Deramaxx and, of course, the Valium is too, a muscle relaxer.

His pupils seemed dialated as well... what was it ?? ... Don't know, but he was able to come out of it.

I HOPE Rainey can get this under control! Did the vet give you rectal valium? I use it when Curfew has his "episodes," where he is out of it, drooling, hyper-salivating, etc. ... and IT WORKS!

I WORRY ALL THE TIME, as you do, I am sure! ... THIS DOES SUCK!

I send you all the love, hugs, white light, and good thoughts and prayers I can!

Much love! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, (*who looks like your Rainey), Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari.

Poor Rainey. Good thoughts coming your way from central New Jersey.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh no!! I know how scared you must be!!!

I'm sending many healing thoughts your way to get some answers that work!!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

Oh no :ohno Sending A TON of good thoughts your way :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

We've had one dog and 2 cats who had seizures, and each time, I felt so helpless that I cried. It is so scary to see a pet you love and want to keep safe experience something beyond your control. I'm so sorry you and Rainey are going through this horrible time.

You are both in my prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:hope Prayers for Rainey...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I'm so sorry all of you are going through this. I wish I could offer more than just good wishes for Rainey, but know that you've got that--in spades.

Thinking of you all.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest TeddysMom

I'm so sorry that Rainey and you are going through this, it is such a helpless feeling. Many prayers and good thoughts coming your way from me and my gang.

Just checking in for an update....?

Keeping Rainey in my thoughts! :goodluck:candle:goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

thanks again (I feel I post here all the time now :() to all for the good wishes and prayers, I know they will help :(

I called at 7:15 and she so far has not had another seizure, so they have not had to administer the additional meds. I will call at 10pm to check in and to remind them it's time for her last Keppra for the night (we gave her an extra one at 3:45 after the 3rd seizure, per doctor's order from before -- her "regular" one was given at 1:45pm instead of 2pm because of the 2nd focal seizure). They said she was doing ok, was out for a potty break. They are really great there, the last time she was there -- for the couch eating event, which now we are pretty sure was the after effect of a seizure, maybe the first?? -- they wrote on her chart and on our receipt that she is the BEST patient. I'm sure she's wrapping them around her little pawsie as I type. :):kiss2

I'm going to make an additional post asking for MRI advice, to see if anyone else has had to do it in a similar situation. We really do not know what to do. If it is something treatable, that can be found on the MRI then we can try to treat it (and should have had it done a month ago but have been to afraid to do :( -- which I would NEVER forgive myself for at this point :() -- but if it's either a tumor and we can't do anything, or if they don't FIND anything, then we're in the same boat we are in now -- and that's presuming she makes it through the anesthesia! That is my biggest fear. IF she didn't have to be put under this would have been done a long time ago.

thanks again for the hugs and prayers, I can't tell you how much the really help. I just want my little snuggle girl back...and she hasn't been herself for a while now, in so many ways... I'm just so scared. And Nube is so sad, he is not happy Rainey is not here :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I have no real advice about the mri, other than at this point it seems like there isn't much choice, is there? I'm just so sorry you're all going through this...prayers for your Rainey :hope :hope and hugs for all of you :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Thank you for the pupdate...I've been worried!!!

Many, many, many good thoughts are being sent your way right now!! You haven't made any poor decisions, you've made the Best ones!!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background