I Think I Might Have A Problem.

Guest TeddysMom

Guest TeddysMom

Tonight while I was sewing, Blossom went in the bathroom, opened the cupboard and drank a 16oz bottle of mineral oil. I don't think it is going to kill her but is there anything I can do to help soak it up in her tummy? This should be a long night with the big D. :(

Guest TeddysMom

Blossom is fine this morning but I did give her access to the outside. She just leaked oil all night on her bed and her housecoat, I'm not sure she even knew it. She has really soft stool but not the big D like I thought. I still can't believe she got the cupboard open, thank God there was nothing poisonous in there.

Guest MnMDogs

Ahh, yes...the "leaking". We had an incident with Mork eating half a container of bag balm... not pleasant, but he was none the worse for wear after it all.

Guest sheila

I know the 'leaking' thing well. I had a dog Kiowa that I wasn't watching as closely as I should have been who consumed not one but TWO large smoked bones in under an hour. (the first and last time I ever gave my hounds smoked bones) K was having some painful issues passing the stupid bits of bone. The vet recommended mineral oil. For the next twelve hrs I watched K closely and at times he would be sound asleep when his butt would begin to gurgle and he would raise his head and stare at his butt, then at me, then back at his butt with the most comically puzzled look on his face. I shouldn't have laughed but the expression on his face.......PRICELESS! Of course every now and then he would jump up with an alarmed look on his face and we would hustle out the back door. That part was a bit less funny.

OMG!! That is the one of the funniest things I've ever hearf.

I know the 'leaking' thing well. I had a dog Kiowa that I wasn't watching as closely as I should have been who consumed not one but TWO large smoked bones in under an hour. (the first and last time I ever gave my hounds smoked bones) K was having some painful issues passing the stupid bits of bone. The vet recommended mineral oil. For the next twelve hrs I watched K closely and at times he would be sound asleep when his butt would begin to gurgle and he would raise his head and stare at his butt, then at me, then back at his butt with the most comically puzzled look on his face. I shouldn't have laughed but the expression on his face.......PRICELESS! Of course every now and then he would jump up with an alarmed look on his face and we would hustle out the back door. That part was a bit less funny.

Guest Houndstown

OMG!! That is the one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

I second that!! Our boy Justin used to do that with his bodily functions of all things. For all of Justin's wacky behaviors, he hardly ever had gas. When he did it was usually while he was laying down asleep, and it would make a noise. He would jerk his head around and stare at his butt! We just knew he was thinking, "What was that coming out of my butt???" We couldn't help but laugh :lol