Please Keep Ekko In Your Prayers

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks from Ekko and I.

She had a good night and I know the first 12-24hrs are crucial so I am confident she will recover fully.

I am grateful we were home when it happened and that I live less than a mile from my sister because her DH was here in minutes to help me get Ekko up and to the e-vet. I just do not have the upper body strength to get her up on my own. We used a heavy blanket as a stretcher.

I only weigh 20 lbs more than Ekko rolleyes.gif

When Ekko goes out I always watch her from the window, for no other reason but to laugh at some of the things she does, this girl is so different. So I saw her go down and it was obvious when I got to her she didn't know who I was. That was sad sad.gif

With a little help she got up this morning, she's not totally steady on her feet but I'm hoping as the day goes on, that will improve

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so glad she's doing better! I had a dog that had a stroke at age 13 and she fully recovered, as I'm sure Ekko will, also. You'll both remain in my thoughts.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

White light and prayers for Ekko to make a complete recovery.

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

So glad to hear she is better this morning. Can imagine how frightened and worried you must feel. Give her a scritch for me and let her know that Joseph and Gidget will keep up the toilet paper tradition until she is back to herself again.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So glad to hear she is better this morning. Can imagine how frightened and worried you must feel. Give her a scritch for me and let her know that Joseph and Gidget will keep up the toilet paper tradition until she is back to herself again.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so glad to hear that she's getting better.

Keep it up Ekko!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Claudia, I'm so glad she's doing better this morning.

Please give my bed buddy a big kiss for me. :kiss2

P.S. Ekko, you don't snore so the next time we come down, you can sleep on the bed with me &

Steve can sleep on the floor. :lol

I still can't believe she did that Dee lol.gif I think Lenny was put out though

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Claudia, my heart lept into my throat when I saw your post. I have a tiny girl here that had a terrible stroke about 2 years ago. The vet wasn't sure she'd make it but Fern is a happy wobbly girl who can still run & go left like she should. Hugs & prayers to all. Ekko we all need you girl so just get better.

Guest greyt2love

Claudia, I'm spending less time on the computer at home lately, trying to get some work done, so I just now saw this. I am so sorry Ekko and you are dealing with this! It's good to read she had a quiet night, and hopefully she will be up and better today. No one is ready to be without Miss Ekko who brings smiles and laughs to many of us!!

Claudia,

So glad to hear Ekko is doing better. I'm not far, so if you need anything let me know.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I was so scared to get on GT this morning but have found that all the prayers are being answered so far. I'm sending this along to Ekko so that this pup has something to quietly occupy time during recuperation.

Auntie Leslie

thtoilet_paper.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Claudia! Today's report sounds very encouraging. Good girl, Ekko. (So fortunate that you saw the event when it happened!)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.