Zero-G

Currently, I am feeding Blue Buffalo Wilderness (Salmon) to Summer and she loves it. Her coat is plush and lush and her poops are great. So I'm quite happy with it. She also gets a teaspoon of human grade fish oil every day. She gets the kibble for breakfast and canned meat for dinner.

That being said... I was in a dog food boutique the other day and the owner turned up her nose at Blue Buffalo. She said that she "doesn't like the protein sources". Not sure what she meant. She also said she'd "never feed her dogs food that's sold at PetSmart", i.e. like all those foods are crap. I don't agree with her about that, surely they can't ALL be bad?

At any rate, she was promoting a kibble called Zero-G. Which is NOT sold at PetSmart. At least, not in Canada. It can be found at her store plus all the Global and PetValu pet stores. I don't think of Global and PetValu stores as being all that different from PetSmart, except they are smaller (less inventory) but more personal.

Anyone know anything about Zero-G? Is this dog food boutique owner full of it?

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest KennelMom

I can't stand dog food snobs.

I googled Zero/G and it just looks like a grain free food. Personally, I think that tends to be better for dogs than food with grains (then again, I also think grains are inappropriate for humans)...but there are LOTS of grain free foods on the market. Being grain free doesn't make a food automatically the bees knees. It all comes down to how a dog looks, feels and performs on a given food.

Guest TBSFlame

I agree. I think perhaps she was just trying to drum up some business? If Summer likes Blue Buffalo... then that's what she'll get. :lol

You think? If it's not broke don't fix it. :) If you pup is eating and happy and looks good then that is all that matters.

I agree. I think perhaps she was just trying to drum up some business? If Summer likes Blue Buffalo... then that's what she'll get. :lol

You think? If it's not broke don't fix it. :) If you pup is eating and happy and looks good then that is all that matters.

I know. But I always want to do the absolute best for her. I think Blue Buffalo is good for her and it's certainly a premium kibble. But if everyone thought Zero-G was a stunningly wonderful kibble, then I'd try it. But apparently it's just one of the grain-free lineup so... Blue Buffalo it is!

Lisa B.

Guest KennelMom

Blue Buffalo is fine food. We fed it for a while, but had pups who didn't do well on it. IMO, a raw diet is "best" for dogs. That said, we feed Taste of the Wild in lieu of raw. Best is relative to what one can afford and has access/time/energy for. ;)

That's funny, Taste of the Wild is what I wanted when I ultimately bought the first bag of Blue Buffalo. But I couldn't find it. Either it's not in Canada or I didn't look hard enough. Will try again!

Lisa B.

Guest IrskasMom

First of all , I agree with Kennelmom. She wanted to get more Business for her Boutique . Even Petsmart has gotten on the Bandwagon about better Dogfood . They have to , as more and more PetOwners get more Educated about it. I to feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon . My Morty loves it. It's high in Protein and he can deffinitly stand about 5 - 8 lbs in Weight. :)

Wanted to add. My Girlfriend saw a Ellen DeGeneres Show a while back were she talked about a Dogfood HALO. I have never seen it or heard about it,neither will I most likely not be able to afford it . Has anybody heard of it or is even Feeding it.

Edited by IrskasMom

Never heard of it! I fed Blue Buffalo fish and sweet potato for a while but ultimately ended up putting my dogs on Taste of the Wild. Here is their dealer locator, if you're interested. The only place around here I can buy it is a small feed store.

A search of Keswick, Ontario brings up a bunch of places that carry it, including that Pet Valu place you mentioned :)

That being said, if your pup does just fine on the Blue Buffalo, stick with it. If she gets bored with it or you want to move to grain free, try TOTW :nod It is, IMO, the best grain free food out there for the price. Comparable quality grain free foods cost upwards of $65/bag here. I get TOTW for $42 a bag :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--