We Have Bowing!

Guest Wasserbuffel

Guest Wasserbuffel

Bow took Jayne longer to learn than all her other skills. Mostly because of me, ok - only because of me. I tried capturing the behavior, but wasn't consistent.

Then, last week, I decided it was time to really learn this trick. So, each morning I would say bow and praise Jayne each morning as she streched. I did the same when I got home, because she bows a lot when she greets me.

Yesterday morning, everything clicked. I was able to get her to bow when asked then began to reinforce with bits of kibble. WOOT! We finally achieved bowing!

They are very cute when they bow, aren't they? Next time, we need a pic!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Houndstown

Way to go! Our newest sits randomly. I think we are going to try to teach her to sit. Good tips with the praising the natural behavior. Thanks . . . and congrats!

Guest Wasserbuffel

Wow, I think my gal might actually be a genius!

The day I started this thread, I left town for a work event and was gone until last night. So, from Thursday morning until Sunday evening, she had no work on her new trick. Yet, she remembered right off and bowed when I asked. This morning she was even able to perform the trick with just the hand signal (I lay my right arm accross my abdomen when I ask for a bow).

I know DH didn't work on bow, because he asked me to show him the hand signal and command this morning when I was working with her.