It's The Soul Afraid Of Dying That Never Learns To Live

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Rose died at 11:30 PM tonight. Her osteo was rapidly worsening, and we're pretty sure she sustained a pathological fracture. Our hearts are broken. So many of us loved Rose, and so many of us worked so very hard to take her from a state of complete abuse and starvation, with no coat, emaciated, and with a rotting mouth, and bring her to where she was today. She did not make the one year anniversary of being rescued, but she came so very close.

Rose had a number of champion points, but was never finished. Her sire, Sonata, was a real stunning dog, and her dam, Magy, had an obedience title. She looks the most like her grand-dam, Ch Greyhaven Dark Victory. Rose's brother is a talented champion, courser, and racer. Rose would have been too, had she been given half the chance by her scumbag former owner. No matter, though- what counts with Rose was her spirit. Rose smiled- with ALL her teeth. She wagged big circles. She was excited to go ANYWHERE!

Rose showed everyone who knew her that life is truly what you make it. She didn't live in the past. She lived for the moment. She was excited and happy at the vet. She slowly sunk into mine and Carol's (BorzoiMom) arms, and her death was beautifully peaceful. Tomorrow we will bury her in her favorite sunning spot.

I love you, my Rose. You taught me so much. You loved with all you had. You laughed. You danced. Oh, Rose, how we loved you... so many hearts are broken tonight. Your breeder, your rescuers, mine, Carol's, and your many fans... sleep softly, sweet Rose. There is no more pain.

Smiling, recently:

049-1.jpg

At the time of her rescue:

farrahrear.jpg

fla-14-009-1.jpg

Enjoying her life with us:

112.jpg

090-1.jpg

027.jpg

Edited by FastDogsOwnMe

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How you loved her. And how she blossomed, like the beautiful Rose she was, safe and happy and surrounded by that love.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Rose.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

What a beautiful smile she had...really hard not to smile back at that picture of her.

So sorry she didn't have a longer time with you but she sure made up for the lack of length by the quality of life she did have.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest BorzoiMom

She had a very good time in her last few months with people who truly cared about her. The entire Borzoi community had their hearts around Rose and she knew it. She will be missed. :(

I'm so sorry.

Once I had the rarest Rose that ever deigned to bloom.

Cruel winter chilled the bud and stole my flower too soon.

From Love Song for a Vampire by Annie Lennox

Edited to correct quote

Edited by Hawthorn

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

It *is* hard not to smile back at Rose. Beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl, and what a story; lives have been so enriched by this gentle soul. I'm sorry for your loss.

Godspeed dear Rose. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a beautiful girl she was. I am terribly sorry for your loss as you did so much to give her a life she deserved. She definitely blossomed in your hands.

Run free Rose, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so very sad and sorry that those who loved her could not have more time with beautiful, sweet, smiling Rose. But how wonderful that what turned out to be her last year was such a happy one.

:f_white :f_white :f_white

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

I am sorry. She knew she was loved.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow