Augie's Gotcha Day

Guest avadogner

Guest avadogner

Hi y'all,

I have been posting here about the adoption of Augie "Super C Choctaw" and we are so happy to announce Augie had his Gotcha Day today. I am going to attempt to attach photos but forgive me if they don't work. I am following your directions but computer is like English as a second language for me. I speak fluent medical but not technical. Anyway here is the lowdown on our time with Augie doggie.

I went out to McGregor this afternoon with my dad since the DH couldn't leave work early. Augie is our 2nd grey (Ava adopted in 2002) so I was prepared for any bodily fluid expulsions and went to get my boy. My dad drove home our Pilot with me in the second row and Augie in the cargo area. We were warned that he cries in the car but not a peep. He chose to stand the whole way with his head resting on my shoulder. The occasional big truck did startle him but he did great. He came home to his Daddy, grandparents and sis waiting for him. Ava chilled in the back yard while we introduced him to our house and it's many stairs and hardwood floors. Poor guy had a really tough time with the floors. Ava walked by him kind of like "Dude, you get used to it". He started checking out the areas we had open to him and only did one leg lift in the house.

After an hour of two of checking out the digs and peeps he went into his crate and seemed to settle down. I decided to give him a little water since he hadn't had access in a while. My parents left and all seemed calm. Then poor Augie hurled about a gallon of almost digested food (must have just had dinner when we picked him up) and water all inside his crate with new bed and stuff. Daddy took him out to calm down and I cleaned the mess up. I reloaded the crate with a bunch of old beach towels and blankets. He then refused to go back in the crate for about an hour and proceeded to circle the living room, whining and going back and forth between us. I made a bed in the LR to sleep with him and Ava the first night. He really eyed the sofa and gave me the "if you can keep my 84 lb butt off it then good luck". Ava has been really cool with him and only gave one little growl when he tried to climb in her bed with her. We have the crate and a big dog bed for him in LR but he's only interested in Ava's and mine. 2 hours later and much whining later, he's in the crate snoozing and Ava is sacked out. How am I the only one here who doesn't snore? I have a feeling Augie is going to be a velcro 84 lb lap dog. I am totally shocked how cuddly he is on his first day. Ava had been a severely traumatized dog and took years to be the loving princess she is now. Life is good. Let's see what drama crops as he gets settled in.

-ava and augie's mum

Guest avadogner

:angry: I followed all the direction in how to load pics and can not seem to get pics to site. I have them resized and saved to my computer the way it says but can't seem to find out how to insert them into the post. I clicked on the insert image icon and it wants a http address. I may be really dumb with computers but how do I get a pic to have a http site address. In facebook and aol, i just click and get a browser choice and find it saved there and attach. Am I blocked or something. Or am i just that bad at this. Give me a premie baby that needs a IV in it's head and I'm your girl but this I am lost. Any tips would be appreciated. I really want to share Augie's pics. He's rocks the lemur tail!

-ava and augie's computer idoitic mum

Do you use photobucket? I save pics to photobucket, then post them by clicking on the small photo icon, then pasting the URL into the blank space. If that doesn't work, you can email them to me at robin_w@rogers.com and I'll post them for you.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.